Question on 7D2D launcher.

Quick question on the 7D2D launcher, before I actually try something.

In preparation for the incoming A19 (hopefully), I need to alter an install.

I am currently using the "latest-stable" directory, however, I have mods, and many of the xml's altered to my satisfaction. When A19 drops, I don't want to overwrite said xml's.

So, I am thinking, and correct me if I am wrong, I can simply rename the folder to "Alpha 18.4" without destroying that install? Meaning, after renaming I can still access the install through "Alpha 18.4" in the launcher, whilst leaving "latest-stable" for A19?

2 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

Quick question on the 7D2D launcher, before I actually try something.

In preparation for the incoming A19 (hopefully), I need to alter an install.

I am currently using the "latest-stable" directory, however, I have mods, and many of the xml's altered to my satisfaction. When A19 drops, I don't want to overwrite said xml's.

So, I am thinking, and correct me if I am wrong, I can simply rename the folder to "Alpha 18.4" without destroying that install? Meaning, after renaming I can still access the install through "Alpha 18.4" in the launcher, whilst leaving "latest-stable" for A19?

That is correct. Just match the expected folder name, and it should be good to go.

5 hours ago, sphereii said:

That is correct. Just match the expected folder name, and it should be good to go.

Thank you, it worked.

If anyone else needs to do this alteration, make sure to use an underscore in the folder name, else the launcher won't see it.

In my case it was "Alpha_18.4".

Archived