Minor constructive criticism regarding Demolishers

MechanicalLens

The Demolishers are a fantastic addition in my opinion - we have needed an endgame zombie for the longest time - but their execution has been executed in a somewhat "mediocre" way at best. Instead of getting the endgame, actually rare zombie that would show up occasionally during BM hordes and would terrify the player, making them focus all their firepower on it until it died, or it exploded... we instead got an infrequently spawning killing machine, sometimes showing up 20-30 times per horde night, that just turns the BM Horde into a game of, "Find the Demolisher, Target the Demolisher". Post gamestage 150, we sit back, anticipating the inevitable arrival of a swarm of the things, which is somewhat of a shame in my eyes.

IMO, Demolishers should actually be a rare spawn. 0-3 spawning per horde night, for instance. Maybe throw in a few other unique endgame zombies into the mix to spice things up, and on average have 50% of horde nights have no endgame specials show up at all, but when they do, it would feel like a nightmare that had come to life, a dream that was coming back to haunt you, rather than the constant looping experience that we have today.

If nothing changes regarding the spawns of demos, that's alright (I still think they're a fantastic addition to the game, and implemented almost perfectly in my eyes), but imo there are still some improvements to be made.

(Funny how I'm a "hardcore player" and what you can take away from this post is I want less challenge, not more of it. 😛 Take from this post what you will. 😛)

Oh, we would like to diversify "boss enemies" for sure but the demo is the first one that made it into the game and the horde spawn mechanics do not include fine control for a limited number of boss enemies per wave.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, Gazz said:

Oh, we would like to diversify "boss enemies" for sure but the demo is the first one that made it into the game and the horde spawn mechanics do not include fine control for a limited number of boss enemies per wave.

Ahh okay, sounds good. :)

Archived