Do you need a good tool to edit/manage localizations?

AlexBLR

Hello everybody!

I have a couple of free time and some idea to code something...

Do you need a good tool to edit/manage localization files?

Features? Supported OS'es? Backward compability to localization files from old 7d builds? 

Are you talking just for single player or for dedicated servers too? Since servers don't push localization.txt, if there was a way to make it easier for players to manage the file for server play, that would be an amazing thing!

On 5/26/2020 at 4:08 PM, Guppycur said:

For editing I just import it as a cvs to my local spreadsheet editor (in my case, Excel).  Makes all the difference.

And it's normally display data inside quoted symbol in a column e.g. col1, col2, col3, col4 "text, text, text inside col4", col5?

mb, just watch source language and translation, mark translated localizations, find differenties between game builds to push changes from english to other languages e.g. a19 pushed to the public, just get the a18 compare to a18 and bring make everybofdy happy, find untranslated IDs even in XML/source code, 

mb patch game to make some remote control that would reload game UI and/or reload & reapply file changes without whole game restart.

Are you talking just for single player or for dedicated servers too? Since servers don't push localization.txt, if there was a way to make it easier for players to manage the file for server play, that would be an amazing thing!

This requires modify client and server.

Archived