NPC dialog, shop and economy

Chat

Hello,

I started my own server (with G-portal) 2 month ago, where I'm using CSMM and Server Tool mainly. I'm trying to mod the server, but I'm new at this and it's 3 steps forward, 2 steps back.. I didn't find tutorials and learn by myself (use the FTP with Fillzila and use notepad++ was already more than 10 hours for me...)

I created a money named "zbouboules" earned by the player when killing a zombie, player or just playing. I created a market zone where the player can buy with the command / shopI would like to add an NPC (trader) with his own dialog to help player to use the command. 

I would like to add an NPC (trader) with his own dialog to help player to use the command. 

I try several solution like: 

- Add in DM with F6 a trader and change the dialog in the data config (server crashed) 

- Use SphereII NPC Dialog Windows mod and use the traderTest only (server crashed) 

- Use NPCPackHumans and also crashed.. 

I'm sure that it's not so hard to understand the mechanics, but right now I can't figure out how it's working... Also, I created a shop protected with a "ProtectedSpaces.xml" from serverTool. It's protected, but I cannot change anything and now I can't remove it. I know that it's a know bug, but maybe you know a better way to make a PVE zone indestructible?

I would like in the future create PVE event like dungeon, area and stuff like this.

Thank you very much for your time!

Chat

NPCPackHumans and any other NPCPack requires SphereII NPC Dialog among other things (for details and dependencies, read the first post in that thread). First you need to install NPCs properly and make sure they work as intended and then you can try to extend them with your own stuff, but I doubt you can actually use third party commands through NPCs, because those would probably have to be allowed in the core scripts. You see NPCs is a DMT mod which uses SphereII Core mod and as far as I know, any command activated through dialog is a part of those Core scripts, so if you have any extra commands, those would most likely have to be added. I may be wrong, but either way you should ask SphereII, because I do believe it is impossible at the moment, and SphereII would probably have to code that extra command in for your own use. He's been busy with other things lately though, but you can always try...

It may not be the NPCs directly.  It sounds like your adding a second currency which I don't think you can do without code.  You can change the primary currency from dukes to say bullet casings, and that works, but to have one trader use coins and another casings likely will crash.

Archived