My new server isnt showing up in server list?

DeadCash

Everything is working with the server and my friends are able to join and see the server after they connect via IP first.

However the server is not showing in the server list for new players. the game is set to public so i have no idea what could be wrong

im also using host havoc. they limit what all you can change in serverconfig

There are a few reasons why it wouldn't show in the list.

1. Ports aren't open. 

You're using a hosting service, so this isn't very likely.

2. Incorrect config. 

Make certain that ServerVisibility is set to 2

3. Time. 

Sometimes it just takes a while for your server to appear in the listings. This is a Steam issue.

4. There are too many servers.

Steam only lists something like 5,000 servers in their server list. I'm not sure what criteria they use for scrolling servers through the list the clients receive, but this is an increasingly common issue. You see it more often with Ark because there's literally like 26,000 dedicated servers, but I have been noticing it quite often lately with Conan and 7 Days.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:10 PM, SylenThunder said:

Yeah, if your ports and config are good, that is the most likely reason.  I made a new server recently, and it took almost a week before I started finding it in the public list.

So it finally showed however its like the last server to load on public list after 5-10 mins of load time. 

Do the older servers load first or something? 

6 minutes ago, DeadCash said:

So it finally showed however its like the last server to load on public list after 5-10 mins of load time. 

Do the older servers load first or something? 

I have tried many times to figure this out, and have never come across anything definitive. Sometimes my server never show, or take several minutes, and sometimes they are right there in the top ten.  Steam probably has some sorting algorithm, but I am not aware of what it is.

16 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I have tried many times to figure this out, and have never come across anything definitive. Sometimes my server never show, or take several minutes, and sometimes they are right there in the top ten.  Steam probably has some sorting algorithm, but I am not aware of what it is.

Seems like i got everything set up nicely, the only thing im confused about now is how to add in donor/mod ranks and adjust permissions for each role.

edit, i figured it out but my only confusion now is how to set up different levels of donor 

Archived