decent pc and lag makes the game upplayable

bertkrash

i have an i3 intel processor amd a nvidia 1060 graphic amplifier on an alienware x51 r3. from everything ive read, i shouldnt have any problems running. it takes 5 minutes just to glitch thrugh the precache and main menu. once i finally get a game to begin to load, even on the navezgane map, it takes 15 minutes almost to load the game and then when anf if it finally gets into the game, the lag is atrocious and makes the game completely unplayable. and im almost certain that my pc is stronger than my ps4. any ideads on how to possibly fix this will be greatly helpful. and yes i turned all the graphics down as low as they can get and turned off the easy anti-cheat that i was told was possibly the issue. help me. lol. i miss the game, but can't  play like this. thanks a lot

First off, which i3 are you using? 2nd, are you running the game on an SSD or HDD? And finally, are you sure you're using nvidia drivers (reason I ask this is because even after you install nvidia drivers, a week later, Windows 10 has a bad habit of overriding those drivers with their own garbage drivers, which is why I still use Windows 7). Also, is this a PC or laptop?

In that alienware system you would have an i3-6100 @3.7GHz. If I compare that to my i7-3930k at stock clocks, your i3 about 10% slower even though it's three generations newer.

With that CPU, you're going to be lucky to see 60FPS. You basically bought one of the worst Alienware desktops in existence, and then chose the absolute cheapest CPU to put into it. No offense, but you would have been better off not going with the brand name, and spending the extra money for better hardware.

Also note that the unit did not ship with a 1060. It came with either a GTX 745 or a 960. You will have either a 230W or 330W AC Power adapter in that system based on the GPU it originally came with.

Based on the basic Alienware specs for that system, you will need a PSU with a minimum of 400W rating. It's not like you can upgrade the PSU anyway on that unit, so you're SOL.

And to add insult to injury, that case royally sucks when it comes to breathing room. It has almost zero internal cooling capacity. When you run it with the 1060, you're going to see the component temps hitting the 90's. It's going to thermal throttle, which will tank your performance even more.

Yes your PC is stronger than your PS4, but only just barely, and you're choking it to death.

The fix would be to get an actual PC, and not the bottom of the barrel from an overpriced brand.

Archived