Making a zombie fireproof

My goal is to make the hazmat zombie resistant to catching on fire.  To do this, I'm trying to copy the effect of the book "Fireman's Almanac: Prevention".  Here's entityclasses.xml.

<entity_class name="zombieMaleHazmat" extends="zombieBoe">
    <property name="Tags" value="entity,zombie,walker" />
    <property name="Mesh" value="Zombies/zombieStandardHazmatRagdoll" />
    <property name="WalkType" value="7" />
    <property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="6" />
    <property name="AIPathCostScale" value=".65, .9" />

<!-- Gameplay -->
    <property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandZombieHazMat" />
    <effect_group name="Base Effects">
        <passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="150" />
        <passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="perc_set" value="1" /> <!-- Zombie HP scale -->

<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" level="1" value="1" tags="buffBurningMolotov,buffBurningElement"><!--Element appended by: "ComSenMod"--></passive_effect>
    </effect_group>

<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="200"><!--Element appended by: "ComSenMod"--></property>
        <property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerHazmat"><!--Element appended by: "ComSenMod"--></property>
    </entity_class>

Somehow, this doesn't work.  I get no errors, but the hazmat zombie still catches fire like always when e.g. hit with a torch.  I notice no other entity_class uses the passive_effect BuffResistance, specifically.  But since the player gets this buff resistance after reading the book, it seems like it should be possible to apply to other entities.  Any ideas?

1" tags="buffBurningMolotov,buffBurningElement"><!--Element appended by: "ComSenMod"--></passive_effect>

It looks like you have > where you should have /> and </passive effect> should be removed. Also, do you have to add all the burning options to tags?

I'm far from actually knowing anything about this, so if I'm whack, sorry. Just trying to help.

<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" level="1" value="1" tags="buffBurningMolotov,buffBurningElement">

You dont need a level="1". it's looking for that on the zombie, which of course zombies dont have progression levels. Remove that and then change the value to 2. That's how other full resistances are done in vanilla code.

Archived