Is it possible to make a slope like this myself? (using top soil only)

Worrun

The only way I know to make slopes like this from within the game is:

1) Place terrain blocks

2) Beat on the terrain blocks with a combination of low-level stone shovel, stone pick, hammer, and/or fists to pound it approximately into the shape you want

Making something as smooth as your picture would take a long time. I've only used the technique to repair holes I've created accidentally, where there was a bump after placing a soil block to fill the hole. I just beat the bump flat (so it ends up as a partially-damaged soil block, but even with the surrounding natural terrain).

3 minutes ago, Boidster said:

The only way I know to make slopes like this from within the game is:

1) Place terrain blocks

2) Beat on the terrain blocks with a combination of low-level stone shovel, stone pick, hammer, and/or fists to pound it approximately into the shape you want

Making something as smooth as your picture would take a long time. I've only used the technique to repair holes I've created accidentally, where there was a bump after placing a soil block to fill the hole. I just beat the bump flat (so it ends up as a partially-damaged soil block, but even with the surrounding natural terrain).

To manipulate flat land into going "flat" and not "bumpy" you can simply place a wooden frame block on the area, and then remove it. This "resets" the block to be completely flat on top to fit to the underside of the wooden frame block, literally flattening the dirt. :) 

Right, but that only works if surrounding terrain was already 'flat' to normal block height. I'm talking about matching natural terrain that is very rarely, if ever, at 'perfect' block height. So like if I accidentally dug a hole in that hillside you pictured, I'd have to fill it with a soil block and then beat it down to match the surrounding terrain. This happens even in 'flat' areas of the map because even flat soil is not at exactly standard block height.

23 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Right, but that only works if surrounding terrain was already 'flat' to normal block height. I'm talking about matching natural terrain that is very rarely, if ever, at 'perfect' block height. So like if I accidentally dug a hole in that hillside you pictured, I'd have to fill it with a soil block and then beat it down to match the surrounding terrain. This happens even in 'flat' areas of the map because even flat soil is not at exactly standard block height.

I was talking more about "level" area as opposed to "flat" area, my bad. A hill side can be at a 45 degree angle but still be "flat", in which case yes beating on it will get that done :D

Archived