Green Flickering - MacOS

Sikuri

Hello,

when playing Alpha 18.4 on my iMac, the screen flickers green every time I walk.

I’ve tried turning Off occlusion, I’ve tried GFX AF 0, tried GFX PP Enable 0, and tried turning off reflections.

As well as turning down graphic settings.

Has anyone encountered this? Can someone help me fix this?

And also maybe movement stutter on MacOS as well? Tried Windowed Mode, and GFX AF 0 so far!

Thanks Guys!

Can you clarify "the screen flickers green"?  Does literally every pixel turn green, or is the UI or sky unaffected?  Is it totally full-bright green, or a greenish sheen or cast?  Does standing in one spot and rotating the camera around cause the problem?  Is the effect present at different times of day and in different biomes?  And have you played the game before on this machine?

In short, a screenshot or video would be very helpful here.  I anticipate in the end this will escalate to a formal bug report.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

when playing Alpha 18.4 on my iMac, the screen flickers green every time I walk.

I’ve tried turning Off occlusion, I’ve tried GFX AF 0, tried GFX PP Enable 0, and tried turning off reflections.

And in my case - it appears only in certain places. I don't know how it's connected, but also there a feeling that it started consuming more RAM than before. I've heard a lot of rumors, that it can be somehow a virus or malware, like mentioned here ( url: https://www.cultofmac.com/415565/how-to-eliminate-the-adware-thats-plaguing-your-mac/ ). I don't know, I've checked my MacOS by antivirus, and it says that no viruses found.

Wow, I have had no notification emails of this thread until now...

I managed to stop the green flickering issue by turning Reflections off.

there was also a microstuttering issue when walking (feels like there is frame drops every step), this was solved by turning V-Sync to half, not off.

Hope changing these settings can help you @kattie93

I have this too on a rMBP 2018. Turning Reflections to anything but Off seemed to trigger this issue.

To elaborate on the effect we are seeing, as you walk the whole view pulsates to a green hue. You can still see everything but it all becomes greenish.

Archived