Game Crash on a specific config

Tsu

Hi,

It has been for some time now, that I try to play with my family (myself + 2 persons) on the latest experimental version.

I have been having crashes frequently on my main configuration, hosting the server for the LAN game.

The issue reproduced on all alpha 18 games.

I had it at first on a game that I converted from earlier versions, so I created new games regularly, with similar results.

invariably, my computed crashes (BSOD), with various error codes (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, etc...)

I attached all output log files from the most recent crashes

Usually the crash happens within 1 or 2 days in game. It happened randomly in various situation, even when I was merely walking. Sometimes it happens when I open inventory... there is no clear scenario to reproduce. The consequence varies: sometimes I relaunch and everything is fine, sometimes 1 character inventory and experience is zeroed, sometimes the map is corrupted and cannot load (looking at the map file, its size is zero byte). Most of the time, relaunching works just fine, until next crash

I use windows 10 64bits, and had some issues with other games because of the integration of OneDrive, so I turned the synchronization off, and operate completely from my own hard drive.

I use a nvidia RTX2070, intel Core i9 9900k CPU @ 360 Ghz, use SSD hard drive with at least 10% HD free space, 16GB RAM.

I did test the system RAM to find out if it was faulty, but it is perfect ==> no issues reported

it is too bad as I never had these issues on my previous configurations.

output_log__2020-04-18__16-37-00.txt

output_log__2020-04-11__16-44-00.txt

output_log__2020-04-12__15-08-48.txt

output_log__2020-04-12__16-18-05.txt

None of your logs show a game crash. If your system is crashing with a bsod, that needs to be investigated. There's

a program called bluescreenview that will allow you to examine the minidump files and help you figure out the problem.

A bsod is usually a hardware or driver problem. This doesn't look like a game bug so you might get better help in

the General Help thread. Any overclock going on? Or xmp ram timings?

I ll try the software indicated.

It is to be noted that the BSOD happens exclusively with 7 days. Which does not mean that this not a hardware problem, but probably using it specifically the way 7 days does...

I ll try to look at the minidumps

it is to be noticed that this config is rather new (less than a year). I don't have any similar issue playing dota2, hunt showdown, or world war Z by example.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

According to Microsoft, your error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is caused by:

1: A bad driver, or

2: bad memory or swapfile, or

3: anti-virus program

Have you excluded the game files from your anti-virus? Have you checked your disk? Is your swapfile set to be managed by Windows? Are your drivers up to date?

According to Microsoft, your error "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" is a communication error between your CPU and your Kernel.

That could be bad memory, swapfile, or an overheating CPU, or a corrupt HAL, or kernel.

You could run the command "sfc /scannow" from a command prompt with administrator rights to check for file corruption.

Run a program like hwinfo to monitor your cpu temps while running the game. Maybe one of your cores is overheating

because of a poorly seated cooler.

Your cpu is overclockable, so that's an area to look at. Maybe the bios is overclocking it, causing the bsod.

Yep. Just because 7 Days is the only game that triggers it, does not mean it's a 7 Days client problem. It just means that nothing else is pushing your hardware like this client.  Which is normal, since there is no other game with the complexity or required hardware resources that this one has.

To add to what Beelzybub stated, a lot of the time, we have discovered that this is due to a weak or failing power supply. I swear this game finds more weak components than benchmarking software or burn-in test with Prime95 does.

Thanks for the additional feedback... a failing component would be a problem since the config is less than 4 months old.

Overclocking might deserve a look, i ll be checking my bios features. 

Running sfc, i found out this is corrupt... not sure how too fix it:

\??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\driverstore\en-US\\netbxnda.inf_loc

2 hours ago, Tsu said:

Running sfc, i found out this is corrupt... not sure how too fix it:

sfc /scannow should automatically repair the file. Run chkdsk on your drive and rerun sfc.

If that doesn't work:

Repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

1 hour ago, Beelzybub said:

sfc /scannow should automatically repair the file. Run chkdsk on your drive and rerun sfc.

If that doesn't work:

Repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

And if you have Windows 10, follow that up with "dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth", and then "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". You will need to run these commands from an elevated command prompt, or admin powershell.

Thanks, I m currently DISM ying the system

I also installed the hwinfo, but unfortunately i forgot to launch the logging before my last attempt with 7days. usually the game crashes after a day or so in game, i should be able to reproduce... probably next week end. until then i ll do my best in cleaning up the corrupt file. thanks for the guidance.

Archived