Game suddenly crash - no error message

shandy

Hello,

I went through the forums so I know this has been talked about a few times, but I don't really understand how to read the crash reports to figure out if any of the given solutions are applicable. So I apologize if this is repetitive.

My game randomly crashes - usually during horde nights when things are messy and chaotic, but it'll crash even when not much is going on. The game will freeze, and then I get a 7 Days to Die loading type screen and then it snaps to Steam.

I've lowered my settings in-game, verified game files repetitively, restarted Steam, and even allowed in exclusions in Windows Defender.

I've uploaded a few crash logs.

It's a dedicated server that a friend runs, the server has mods, but as far as I know, my game doesn't...

I'd really love to play, especially during horde nights, without having to load in 3-5 times.

EDIT: I've uploaded more crash reports in my latest comment.

output_log__2020-03-25__20-47-32.txt

output_log__2020-03-25__20-45-00.txt

output_log__2020-03-25__20-56-08.txt

output_log__2020-03-25__15-57-21.txt

Recently had a problem similar to this in the level/POI editor. Looked it up and found a solution where you delete the entire folder titled "Empty" in the game files (Steam>Steamapps>common>7daystodie>data>worlds>"empty"). Afterwards, go to your steam and "verify integrity of files" (right click on game>properties>"local files" tab> "verify integrity of game files"). it will find and download 5 files to replace the ones deleted above.

Seems to have fixed my crashing issue.

Recently had a problem similar to this in the level/POI editor. Looked it up and found a solution where you delete the entire folder titled "Empty" in the game files (Steam>Steamapps>common>7daystodie>data>worlds>"empty"). Afterwards, go to your steam and "verify integrity of files" (right click on game>properties>"local files" tab> "verify integrity of game files"). it will find and download 5 files to replace the ones deleted above.

Seems to have fixed my crashing issue.

I'll give this a try later today, and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!

So my game continues to crash. These are the most recent reports.

The error of the day seems to be "d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 0 size 2688) [0x887A0005]" now. Make sure you don't have texture quality at "full" and have texture streaming enabled.

Another thing: You say the server has mods but you don't. That is okay if those are just xml-mods. But if there are mods involved that replace libraries it might be neccessary to install the mod on the clients as well. But the server owners should know better than me if there are problems in such a case.

Did you try to play single player to see whether the same problems happen in single player?

----------

Drastic Steps:

----------

As far as I have heard it should be entirely possible to delete your local save game (stored in a directory called SavesLocal) and then get your whole state re-downloaded from the server. Use at your own risk. Next step would be to delete your character on the server completely. You would have to start from level 0 again, but if the problem is stored in your character data that would be the solution

The error of the day seems to be "d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 0 size 2688) [0x887A0005]" now. Make sure you don't have texture quality at "full" and have texture streaming enabled.

Another thing: You say the server has mods but you don't. That is okay if those are just xml-mods. But if there are mods involved that replace libraries it might be neccessary to install the mod on the clients as well. But the server owners should know better than me if there are problems in such a case.

Did you try to play single player to see whether the same problems happen in single player?

As far as I know, the mods are xml files, no one else on the server is having any problems...

And no, I haven't tried in single player. I can though.

I have up'd my memory speed, thinking that was the problem, but still having crash issues.

Archived