My Hong Kong is not the real Hong Kong

The Loooser

heard that Hong Kong is a nice map. So I typed in Hong Kong and 8K size and generated it, but when I play it it does not look like the Hong Kong on the picture here on the forum. It has all snow in the north instead of wood / desert.

What does the region mean?

Now it is *Voluya Territory*, but when I type it in the world previewer (Hong Kong, 8K) is says *West Wukoje Territory*.

So does this mean that I really got another *Hong Kong* at my play? (= Voluya)

And HOW did it get different to Voluya if I just typed the SAME name?

Also what does this territory thing say altogether?

THXXXX

The territory thing is to hide your map seed from public view. It is primarily useful for online servers so that players don't use the seed privately to learn the map and then join the server to exploit their knowledge. Question I would ask is whether the Hong Kong from the thread is from the same version of the game that you are playing now.

Now I play on this "other" Hong Kong which is West Wukoje Territory.

The Hong Kong from the official thread (https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/-7-days-to-die-pc/general-discussion/130558-good-random-map-seeds-for-a18?127813-Good-random-map-seeds-for-A18=) is also West Wukoje Territory.

So if my world preview makes a "West Wukoje Territory" and the one from the thread is also, does this mean that these both Hong Kongs are the same?

Then how did I get a "different" Hong Kong for my current play when I just need to type in "Hong Kong" and specify the map size?

This is especially interesting, because I thought I would be safe to just type in the same and get the same ... is there anything I need to be cautious next time? Would be good to know ;O

Thanks for the link. It is as I suspected. That Hong Kong map is from last October which would have been A18.0. You are playing A18.3 or possibly A18.4 so it is a different version and I do believe they did alter the randomly generated worlds in one of the 18.x updates so there you go. You want to read recent posts that match with the version you are playing rather than older posts from previous versions.

Weeellll but that still does not explain why it ALSO looks different when I do the Random World Gen PREVIEW.

So I have a "different" Hong Kong where I started my real game and play atm.

But then when I start the previewer and type in *Hong Kong 8K* then I get the OLD one. So the one that has not snow and forest in the north, but the one from the link.

The preview and the official world is "West Wukoje Territory" and what I generated 3 weeks ago was "Voluya Territory".

Well you dont have to type in the K you just choose between 4096 and 8192 so I could not write anything wrong : //

And I dont know how to reproduce it, because my PREVIEW shows the *correct* one again and to check if the ingame generator also does it, I would not only have to generate it, but also play long enough to "see" how the map really is. Or is there a way to instantly get the total map known and compare it to any other map? I could play for like 1 hour and run a little but around but I guess that s not worth the time : \

If you are choosing between 4k and 8k then of course the maps are going to be different.

To reproduce it you try a different seed and see if it is different between the the previewer and when you load it up to play. Perhaps I'm not understanding completely what the problem is from reading. I would probably have to try out Hong Kong for myself and see what is happening. Perhaps tonight I can give it a go.

Well you dont have to type in the K you just choose between 4096 and 8192 so I could not write anything wrong : //

And I dont know how to reproduce it, because my PREVIEW shows the *correct* one again and to check if the ingame generator also does it, I would not only have to generate it, but also play long enough to "see" how the map really is. Or is there a way to instantly get the total map known and compare it to any other map? I could play for like 1 hour and run a little but around but I guess that s not worth the time : \

type cm and dm in the console. You have options to reveal the entire map in the map screen (in the upper right corner) and also have options to turn on flying. You can check the map really fast that way. The only real time sink is generating the map itself. You can also get the rocket boots from the creative menu and that is WAY faster than even flying not to mention really fun to mess around with for a little bit :D

Archived