Controller input lag help

Sierra0331

So due to the console version basically being abandoned, (and yes I know about TTG going out of business, and TFP getting the license back please don’t try to “correct” me on it being abandoned.) i finally got the pc version. Here’s the thing, I’ve been a console player since I was 8. I’m 41 now. I cannot play FPS games with a mouse and keyboard. So I connected my xbox one controller up, but it’s laggy af. And the look speed is terrible as well. I plug my controller straight in via usb cord and turn the look speed all the way up, but there’s still a very noticeable delay between button press and action. Yet if I reach over to move the mouse it’s smooth and lag free. Am I missing a setting here to make the controller work right, or are controllers just not fully implemented into the game yet?

i cant believe i am asking this

whats the game launcher?

i cant see that setting in the game options and i use the 7dtd mod launcher sometimes, and i have managed to get some sort of 7dtd configuration thingee that was supposed to help with framerates in the past to step in before the game opens properly.

as you can see i am way up there tekniclee

i cant believe i am asking this

whats the game launcher?

i cant see that setting in the game options and i use the 7dtd mod launcher sometimes, and i have managed to get some sort of 7dtd configuration thingee that was supposed to help with framerates in the past to step in before the game opens properly.

as you can see i am way up there tekniclee

One way you can use it is via steam. Simply click play and this menu will pop up. select show game launcher

Annotation-2020-01-27-230004.png

thanks both sylen and zomb, tried it but didnt see any change. have to admit that it was fine to begin with anyway.

crikey, just seen how many hours i have out into this game. 3/4 of a working year!!!! if i had gotten paid my normal rate for that time i could buy a kick ass fishing boat! after all that time i would have destroyed something if it wasnt working sweet. HATE mouse and keyboard for games.

sierra, what os and controller are you using?

i have win 10 and a branded (ms) xb1 controller bought separately, not with the console. the plugs are different from the bundled controller so may have other differences?

they connect via bluetooth

Archived