[suggestion] chain-Quests

Domo

(my english sucks but I hope its good enough for you to follow my suggestion.)

Hello lads.

First off; In my opinion the Quest-system is the best thing happen to the game. I really enjoy it and love all the small details (like the lights which hints you the route etc.)

Anyway, I wish the game would have some chain-Quests like we know from (mmo-) RPG games.

You know, you start doing 1 small quest and get a 2nd following quest, and then maybe a 3rd and 4th one. etc.

And at the end you get a very good reward if you complet the whole Quest.

I dont know if there are any (willing) Quest-writers at the FunPimp Headquarter, but I think it would fit nicely into the game.

As mention my english sucks, but I gonna try and put here an example how such Quest-Chain could look like:

[Tier I - The Beast - Part I]

Trader Joel: My Scouts spotted some Helldogs close to one of my supply routes. Usally they're not a problem for my boys, but it seems among the Helldogs is a big Beast which killed already 2 of my Scouts.

Go and kill these bastards for me, and if you happen to find the Beast my boys were talking about, kill it and bring me some prove of its death.

Now you getting a "standart" Tier 1 Quests where you have to clear a building of the Zombies and Helldogs but in this Quest you will have a mini-Boss fight at the End. "The Beast" will be a bit bigger and stronger Dog. As soon you killed the mini-Boss it will drop a special Loot-Bag which contains a quest item (The Beast Paw).

Return now to Trader Joel to complet the Quest, and accept the following Quest (if you like)

Trader Joel: Damn, thats a huge paw! Good work! Here are some tokens for your trouble.

[Tier I - The Beast - Part II]

Trader Joel: Listen, I would like to find out more about the Beast you killed and if there are more of these. There is an old "friend" and competitor of me. His name is Bob and he have a camp < 3 miles South-West > from here.

Unfortunately we dont talk to each other anymore after we had some argument.

Anyway, Bob was a biologist in his fromer life. If there is someone left on this planet who could tell us more about The Beast its Bob.

Oh btw. Bob hates strangers, so you better bring him some "Recog" Whisky to break the ice.

Find, buy or make some Recog Whisky and travel to Trader Bob

Trader Bob: Hey there stranger. I hope you have some tokens on you to buy the stuff you're looking at, if not my Double Barrel will show you the exit!

Whats that? Is that some Recog Whisky I am smelling? Come have a seat my friend!

[show bob the Paw]

*You gain some experiance* (Quest complet)

Trader Bob: Wow, thats a huge paw. Where is the rest of it hehe? I didnt seen something like this before. Looks like the mutation been a bit stronger on this one. I cant tell for sure without some proper testing. Unfortunately some of my laboratory blew up few weeks ago after one of my fromer workers tryed to make some buzz with it.

But if you could bring me a "Microscope" and some "Test Tubes" I might be able to tell you more about this paw.

About < 1 miles North East > from here is a Pharmacy my guys didnt looted yet. You should be able to find the stuff there.

I even gonna pay you some tokens if I can keep the equipment.

Accepting the Quest? [Tier III - The Pharmacy Express - Part III]

[Yes]

[No]

(Lets assume you accept the Quest)

Travel to the Pharmacy, find the 2 Quest items, and bring them to Trader Bob

Trader Bob: Oh nice, you made it back alive I see. Did you find the stuff I was asking for? Nice, nice.

Well I will need some time to analyze the paw. Here are some tokens for the equipment. Come back in 3 days and I should be able to tell you more about the paw.

*Quest complet*

Travel back to Trader Bob in 3 days

Trader Bob: ahh you're back. Sit down son, I have some big news for you. I was able to study the paw you brought me a bit more. And let me tell you, you`re lucky to be still alive. I found out that the mutation wasnt 100% complet on The Beast you killed. I found small vessels in the claw, and it looks like once the mutation would be complet The Beast would be able to inject a posion through their claws. So if the Beast wouldnt be able to kill you right away, a hit from it would kill you few hours later for sure.

Anyway, here is your paw. Good luck to you, and if you find more of stuff like that come back to me...but dont forget to bring some Recog Whisky with you hehe

*Quest complet*

Travel back to Trader Joel with your informations

*Quest complet*

Tier IV - The Chemical Claw - Part IV

Trader Joel: What do you mean the mutation wasnt complet? Look at the size of the paw! Vessels in the claw? Ohhh, I understand.

hmmm I wonder if we could prepare this claw a bit and use it as a weapon.

If you're crazy enough go and travel to the "Chemical Factory" < 2 miles North > from here. Try to find there some "Super Acid" bottles and bring them to me. But be carefull, Ive send already few of my boys there and so far nobody came back.

Travel to the Chemical Factory and find the Super Acid

Trader Joel: I knew it you would make it! And you found the Super Acid? Very nice!

Lets see...yeah that will work.

Come back in 1 day and I should have a new toy ready for you!

Trader Joel: Ive been waiting for you my friend...Its ready....I call it the "The Pimp Claw". Go and test it on some Zombies!

*Quest complet*

*You receive The Pimp Claw*

The Pimp Claw is a nice melee weapon and works like some Steel Knuckles, just with better stats of course. The fun thing about this weapon is that it can be reloaded with Acid, and whenever you hit a Zombie with this loaded claw it will make a Zombie explode after 10sec it been hit by it.

SORRRRRRRRY about my bad english and laziness writing this cheap Chain-Quest but I hope it works as an example how you could put nice and unique chain-Quests into the game.

P.S. I cant mention enough how much I like and enjoy the Quests-System in 7dtd so far and hope to see many new and exciting coming into the game in the future.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Happy Hunting

What i red so far from TFP-Members some "story mode" is indeed planned. So i expect the final game to have quest chains like you described.

But the current development state of the game is still alpha, that means focus is on the mechanics of the game. TFP currently develops (and tests) what is necessary to ship such features in the final game, but not decorate stories atm.

So the quest-writers you mentioned will come into place in a later state.

What i red so far from TFP-Members some "story mode" is indeed planned. So i expect the final game to have quest chains like you described.

But the current development state of the game is still alpha, that means focus is on the mechanics of the game. TFP currently develops (and tests) what is necessary to ship such features in the final game, but not decorate stories atm.

So the quest-writers you mentioned will come into place in a later state.

Sounds awesome. Maybe down the line we'll start to see some small quest chains be implimented so they can test out how to code 'em together and make sure everything works before they string together longer ones.

Archived