Multiple Issues

Damonmeister

Hey everyone. So I recently rented an 8 player FTP server through my.gameserver.com. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to FTP. I really need some help properly setting up the config files so that my local save is uploaded correctly to my FTP server, and also so that it shows up properly on the 7DtD server lists, so that when I invite people to play, they can find the server. I have my FTP server config info saved in an .odt and .rtf format if someone is willing to take me aside and teach me the ins and outs.

TIA,

Damonmeister

You would use an FTP client, like FileZilla for example, to access the server files.

You need to know where the server saves games, you can get that info from the

server host. Then copy your game to that folder.

In your serverconfig.xml file on the server you need to match exactly the name, size,

etc. of the local game that you're using. Once you do all that, when you start the

server it should see the game and load it.

All that said, every rented server I've seen has a web based control panel that allows

file access. Yours may or may not, but maybe you don't need to mess with FTP.

Beelzybub,

In the serverconfig.xml, is it the properties in the General Server Settings that I need to change to match my local save, or the properties in the Gameplay settings? Because I have the properties in the Gameplay settings set to match the changes that the limited walk through that was provided by my.gameservers.com provided in their FAQ.

Below is a copy & paste of the current General Server Settings for my server.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ServerSettings>

<!-- GENERAL SERVER SETTINGS -->

<!-- Server representation -->

<property name="ServerName" value="7 Days To Die GameServers.com"/> <!-- Whatever you want the name of the server to be. -->

<property name="ServerDescription" value="A 7 Days to Die server"/> <!-- Whatever you want the server description to be, will be shown in the server browser. -->

<property name="ServerWebsiteURL" value=""/> <!-- Website URL for the server, will be shown in the serverbrowser as a clickable link -->

<property name="ServerPassword" value=""/> <!-- Password to gain entry to the server -->

<property name="ServerLoginConfirmationText" value="" /> <!-- If set the user will see the message during joining the server and has to confirm it before continuing. For more complex changes to this window you can change the "serverjoinrulesdialog" window in XUi -->

<!-- Networking -->

<property name="ServerPort" value="25010"/> <!-- Port you want the server to listen on. -->

<property name="ServerVisibility" value="2"/> <!-- Visibility of this server: 2 = public, 1 = only shown to friends, 0 = not listed. As you are never friend of a dedicated server setting this to "1" will only work when the first player connects manually by IP. -->

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value=""/> <!-- Networking protocols that should not be used. Separated by comma. Possible values: LiteNetLib, SteamNetworking. Dedicated servers should disable SteamNetworking if there is no NAT router in between your users and the server or when port-forwarding is set up correctly -->

<!-- Slots -->

<property name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="8"/> <!-- Maximum Concurrent Players -->

<property name="ServerReservedSlots" value="0"/> <!-- Out of the MaxPlayerCount this many slots can only be used by players with a specific permission level -->

<property name="ServerReservedSlotsPermission" value="100"/> <!-- Required permission level to use reserved slots above -->

<property name="ServerAdminSlots" value="0"/> <!-- This many admins can still join even if the server has reached MaxPlayerCount -->

<property name="ServerAdminSlotsPermission" value="0"/> <!-- Required permission level to use the admin slots above -->

<!-- Admin interfaces -->

<property name="ControlPanelEnabled" value="true"/> <!-- Enable/Disable the web control panel -->

<property name="ControlPanelPort" value="25012"/> <!-- Port of the control panel webpage -->

<property name="ControlPanelPassword" value="1433233"/> <!-- Password to gain entry to the control panel -->

<property name="TelnetEnabled" value="true"/> <!-- Enable/Disable the telnet -->

<property name="TelnetPort" value="25013"/> <!-- Port of the telnet server -->

<property name="TelnetPassword" value="1433233"/> <!-- Password to gain entry to telnet interface. If no password is set the server will only listen on the local loopback interface -->

<property name="TelnetFailedLoginLimit" value="10"/> <!-- After this many wrong passwords from a single remote client the client will be blocked from connecting to the Telnet interface -->

<property name="TelnetFailedLoginsBlocktime" value="10"/> <!-- How long will the block persist (in seconds) -->

<property name="TerminalWindowEnabled" value="true"/> <!-- Show a terminal window for log output / command input (Windows only) -->

<!-- Folder and file locations -->

<property name="AdminFileName" value="serveradmin.xml"/> <!-- Server admin file name. Path relative to the SaveGameFolder -->

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="c:/games/68_232_162_81_25010/1433233/7daystodie/GenerationData" /> <!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="c:/games/68_232_162_81_25010/1433233/7daystodie/Saves" /> <!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

<!-- Other technical settings -->

<property name="EACEnabled" value="true"/> <!-- Enables/Disables EasyAntiCheat -->

<property name="HideCommandExecutionLog" value="0"/> <!-- Hide logging of command execution. 0 = show everything, 1 = hide only from Telnet/ControlPanel, 2 = also hide from remote game clients, 3 = hide everything -->

<property name="MaxUncoveredMapChunksPerPlayer" value="131072"/> <!-- Override how many chunks can be uncovered on the ingame map by each player. Resulting max map file size limit per player is (x * 512 Bytes), uncovered area is (x * 256 m²). Default 131072 means max 32 km² can be uncovered at any time -->

<property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles" value="false" /> <!-- If disabled a player can join with any selected profile. If true they will join with the last profile they joined with -->

Sincerely,

Damonmeister

The lines that have to match are these:

<!-- World -->

<property name="GameWorld" value="match this with your value"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="match this with your value"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="match this with your value"/>

<property name="GameName" value="match this with your value"/>

Archived