Is There A Way To Smooth Glass

Dreacon78

I have installed bulletproof glass into section of my base and I am noticing that it seems like they don't quite mesh 100%. I get these odd shifts that leave visible differences between different blocks of glass. It doesn't affect their function, just how they look when looking at the building as a whole. Is there any way to smooth this out or is it just something else they need to tweak in the game?

My guess would be you're using a centered plate type of shape, or more accurately an almost-centered plate, that's a little bit inset towards one side. Some of these blocks were placed facing east and some were placed facing west, causing slight misalignments. I've seen problems with 'centered' iron bars doing this. So if that's the problem, the solution is to pay more attention to how the block is rotated before placing it.

For less guesswork, give us a screenshot and/or provide the name of the shape you're using.

My guess would be you're using a centered plate type of shape, or more accurately an almost-centered plate, that's a little bit inset towards one side. Some of these blocks were placed facing east and some were placed facing west, causing slight misalignments. I've seen problems with 'centered' iron bars doing this. So if that's the problem, the solution is to pay more attention to how the block is rotated before placing it.

For less guesswork, give us a screenshot and/or provide the name of the shape you're using.

I've encountered that also, where I've placed some of the bulletproof glass panes (not the blocks) while I was inside my base, and others while I was outside of it - there's a small misalignment that occurs when doing that.

Beyond that there's no difference I can see, so I just make sure to place all of them from the inside or the outside, but never mixing them.

I am using the blocks not the panes. Tried it with the panes and saw the issues you are both referring to so I switched to the blocks. I placed them from the same side of the house and placed them in the same direction, but I keep getting weird shapes in the glass. I will look at getting a screen shot up so you all can see what I am seeing once I get home from work.

Archived