No zombie action

whisp

I miss the zombie action.

I remember older alphas, where shooting in the city caused zombies massing up, resulting in a big, enjoyable shooting action.

Also, there were large roaming hordes.

In Alpha 18 i miss both of it. Is it due to the lower default difficulty or is it the zombie action gone?

In Alpha 18 i miss both of it. Is it due to the lower default difficulty or is it the zombie action gone?

What was the last Alpha you played ?

Since the A16 we don't have a lot of zombies in cities anymore. They're almost all sleepers now.

Something is planned for the A19 to give you the impression that there are masses of zombies on the streets. The problem with the current biome spawns is that a lot of zombies have to be spawned in order to give the player that impression. And not every system can handle these amounts of zombies.

Would be nice if such things would be left as game option.

I agree. Just like you can change the amount of zombies per player on blood moon nights, you should be able to set biome zombie spawns per player. That way if your system can't handle it then you can lower it. If you have a better system and want the thrill of fighting of hordes of zombies you can set it much higher. Recently we went in to the spawning.xml files and increased the zombie and animal spawns. By default most biomes are set to have one zombie spawn with a respawn delay of 3 days during the day and one zombie spawn with a respawn delay of 4 days. We changed it to 10 zombies with a one day respawn and it has greatly increased our enjoyment. Until they change it in A19 I would highly suggest looking in to changing the xml data or looking in to a modlet that will increase the numbers for you.

Archived