Wolf v's the evil dead 7day edition

wolfbain5

Well done, the horde didnt stand a chance. Your setup will probably last a few more hordes even with no modifications...😂 maybe it's time to up the max alive if you want more of a challenge.

Funny, your thoughts on the fence post are the same as mine. In my current setup I've moved the majority of them one block in. I have a ladder over each section so I can get to them for repairs. This also allows you to place additional traps like spikes or barb wire in the zombie corridors. 😎👍

Well done, the horde didnt stand a chance. Your setup will probably last a few more hordes even with no modifications... maybe it's time to up the max alive if you want more of a challenge.

Funny, your thoughts on the fence post are the same as mine. In my current setup I've moved the majority of them one block in. I have a ladder over each section so I can get to them for repairs. This also allows you to place additional traps like spikes or barb wire in the zombie corridors.

the challenge is staying ahead of them.

as for the hallway.... mine field. well maybe. barb wire is your schtick. I have an idea on the blade traps, but not sure yet. Remember catherine zeta jones in entrapment? instead of lasers, electric fences.

the challenge is staying ahead of them.

as for the hallway.... mine field. well maybe. barb wire is your schtick. I have an idea on the blade traps, but not sure yet. Remember catherine zeta jones in entrapment? instead of lasers, electric fences.

Haha I gotta look that up, thanks for the reference!!!!

Edit: lol....just watched the clip on youtube...I think I'll never look at the spider zombie the same ever again....I think I'll always see CZJ 😂😂😂

that was with 24 max alive. gonna need to upgrade the wood bars to iron for skinning.

Haha, it's nice to see that wood bars taking damage from skinning attempts was the most of your bases worries...😂😂😂

Btw, I love your home base. I have something similar in mind for mine but it's nowhere as near to where yours is at right now.

Edit: Great job on your electrical fence wiring. You definitely have more space to work with then I do with mine...😂

Day 42, small changes. added a smg turret to the base aimed at the top of the birdcage. my anti air defense so to speak. added 2 more blade traps to the entrances, now all entrances are covered.

Finally got steel. broke down and bought the perk.

no demolishers as of yet, and I forgot to set a motion sensor, but over all, a nice tight defense.

Day 42, small changes. added a smg turret to the base aimed at the top of the birdcage. my anti air defense so to speak. added 2 more blade traps to the entrances, now all entrances are covered.

Finally got steel. broke down and bought the perk.

no demolishers as of yet, and I forgot to set a motion sensor, but over all, a nice tight defense.

Man, that 2 high barb wire setup was nice. I think I will steal that from you. Hardly any made it through to your central blade trap...

I'm afraid to try a 2 high barb wire setup in fear it may make the AI think my corridors are too blocked to go through since my 2nd floor level height is only 4 or so blocks tall.

Maybe I will test it with a few biome zeds first...

Also, I dont think demos show up until GS 158 for SP. Was 2 game hours away from my day 49 horde but then one of my kids woke up lol so maybe I try again tomorrow..😂😂😂

Man, that 2 high barb wire setup was nice. I think I will steal that from you. Hardly any made it through to your central blade trap...

I'm afraid to try a 2 high barb wire setup in fear it may make the AI think my corridors are too blocked to go through since my 2nd floor level height is only 4 or so blocks tall.

Maybe I will test it with a few biome zeds first...

Also, I dont think demos show up until GS 158 for SP. Was 2 game hours away from my day 49 horde but then one of my kids woke up lol so maybe I try again tomorrow..

yeah, I wanna see that. I learn from the mistakes of others. mine is 6 high if that helps

well my character file got reset somehow. so starting a new map with nitro and the compopack. wont put up any videos until day 14. day 7 is kinda boring. will post a new post when I get there. will try fine tuning the horde base, but I am gonna try a different approach to the birdcage. a pyramid style bird cage 4 entrance with ramps. the way I had the first time, but split 4 ways.

build list

40 fence posts

8 blade traps

8 dart traps

8 motion sensors

4 genies

8 5x1 trigger plates

16 1x1 trigger plates

• 2 weeks later...
making a new vid today, going nomad. showing day 7 horde setup and how I got it. Will do the big base design with the wife and cover that later.

no int skills except daring adventurer. going agility perception

edit here it is!

Hi wolf, thanks for sharing. That's a pretty cool retrofit of a POI. Didnt realize the zeds could jump that far...maybe that could be taken advantage of...🤔

Those grenade/Bomb explosions also looked really fun. I look forward to what modifications you make next. 👍

Hi wolf, thanks for sharing. That's a pretty cool retrofit of a POI. Didnt realize the zeds could jump that far...maybe that could be taken advantage of...

Those grenade/Bomb explosions also looked really fun. I look forward to what modifications you make next.

yeah, put a blade trap above your head for them to jump into and get knocked down. mechanical fly swatter.

but this isnt a permanent base. just allows me to search the town, get a vehicle, and go exploring. will retrofit buildings in each town on horde night. use the 4x4 as a mobile base

Archived