Inexpensive day 7-70 A18 hoard base concept

fish

I spent my first A18 hoard night in the new fire station and I noticed that most of the zombies ended up in the maintenance pit just beating on individual blocks, and generally jumping around. So I started to play around with the idea of laying down a honeycomb base layer to force zombies to jump a lot - the more time they spend jumping, the less time they spend beating on your base ... it seems.

So here's the concept made of flagstone and cobblestone for day 7. I suspect you could even make it out of wood. The secret sauce is the 1-high plate fence around the outside. It seems to throw the AI into disarray and the z's take time to decide what to do. Inside the honeycomb, I but lots of sacrificial poles for them to beat on should they get frustrated. Upgraded to concrete, it's easily survived a day 70 hoard losing 1 block at most.

Feedback welcome!

https://youtu.be/yAsc9UUD3bc

883744957_ScreenShot2019-11-19at9_07_23AM.jpg.ea5fb5dc5509ea459ca31f8981c3fe4d.jpg

that does work by the way, with a few changes. In a post I made a day or two ago I said something along the lines I could make a base to where the zombies do not come at me during BM...what u describe is a lot like what I was talking about. ;)

Question is should this be reported as an exploit of the zombie AI system in the bug reporting section of the forums? shhhh... we gotta keep this a secret....but now that a post has been made, it'll be hard to keep it on the dl. lol :)

I ringed a temporary box base with 8 Concrete pillars (the thin kind just like in the screenshot above) each 3 blocks high. I placed lanterns on top of these - it was a legit attempt to light the area round my base with a big circle of "lamp posts". When the horde came on next BM night, they seemed to get completely baffled by those pillars and either danced little rings round them or stood there hitting them, ignoring me and my base 20 feet away. Even when I blazed away at them with an AK and threw grenades, they were more interested in my lamp posts.

I ringed a temporary box base with 8 Concrete pillars (the thin kind just like in the screenshot above) each 3 blocks high. I placed lanterns on top of these - it was a legit attempt to light the area round my base with a big circle of "lamp posts". When the horde came on next BM night, they seemed to get completely baffled by those pillars and either danced little rings round them or stood there hitting them, ignoring me and my base 20 feet away. Even when I blazed away at them with an AK and threw grenades, they were more interested in my lamp posts.

Oooooo shiny! :)

20a252f94e4073088f04781db47cb138.jpg

nah even if you report it and they fix it not like it matters. one door closing opens another door. I mean look at the you-tuber Jawoodle. His base exploits don't seem to be slowing down. Every now and then he has to tweak some but thats about it. The only way tfp are going to fix this mess they've made is to revert the pathing back to how it was prior to alpha 17.

Archived