Day 49 Horde - I attempted to fight back!

Sjustus548

So far in A18 I have just evaded the horde night by finding a tall building and hiding on top of it. I know. Not the most entertaining or manliest way of dealing with the zombies but I was one of the ones that didn't see much of a point in dealing with them if I didn't have to. After reading a recent post I decided to actually engage the day 49 horde to see if I was missing anything or not. Game stage 166, difficulty one below Insane, 16 zombies per person, default everything else. My wife and I took on the horde by picking a random house and not fortifying it at all. She stood on the roof with a marksman rifle and her two junk turrets while I ran on the streets with a shotgun. I expected it to end pretty horribly but it was actually a lot of fun. I think the mvp perk for me during the night was 5 points in Parkour believe it or not. Being able to run towards a group of zombies, firing my shotgun as fast as it would go, and then being able to use that 3 block jump height to vault over the zombie group was great. We were in the middle of a town so I took the horde following me on a run thru some of the other buildings and being able to jump out a window and know I wouldn't sprain or break a leg was a great help. If I needed to repair my shotgun I could just jump on a lower roof, repair, and then hop back down to continue the carnage. We had a few Demolishers show up that night but we used them as a way of blowing up some of the bigger groups of zombies. Get in close, blast the bomb with a well aimed shotgun blast, and then run for your life while it takes out the zombies for you. I'm already coming up with better ideas for the next horde night. Going to switch to slugs instead of regular shells, the shells do next to nothing against the soldier zombies, maybe craft some exploding arrows to see how well they do, also going to pick up 5 points in Run and Gun for easier reloading while running for my life. I would highly suggest that everyone give this a try on your next horde night. Get out from behind those walls and traps and fight the zombies up close!

I had something similar recently, but not exactly on purpose. Our base (three of us) was the hospital in Diersville, night 35. I had made a ledge around the outside of the building a bit above the 2nd level, the Z's were bashing through the wall as we shot into the hole they were making. I didn't notice the block breaking under me. I fell to ground level, and a mass of them started running after me. I couldn't get back in, and didn't want to drag them near our crafting area, so I just fought on the ground. The other guys helped pick them off as I kited them around the parking lot. I had no light, so I had to rely on shotgun blast flashes to decide where to shoot next. Somehow, I didn't die. It sure was exciting!

another great thing to do is create a lot of heat. We'd put out 20 campfires full of wood in alpha 16 and 17 on insane lvl.

And not kill any of the screamers that showed up until they stopped screaming. I'd never seen so many zombies, very large amounts.

And we'd do this for hours, through multiple days and nights. Great way to level up like crazy. One guy always did this 100% melee. Myself I used lots of guns. Now with frag rockets, grenades, etc it would almost be too easy.

Not tried it yet in alpha 18 (as I waited so long for alpha 18 I'm too old now and the excitement wouldn't be good for my heart)(wink)

Archived