Cant get into my own server. Corrupted Character?

Noompsie

My story is quite long. I have my own rented server which I play on with my son and some friends.

After the last update, my sons motorbike disappeared, so I parked my motorbike in my garage, and we all left the server so I could restart it. When we logged back in the bike was still gone, and unfortunately, so was mine. I spawned a bike back in for myself and continued on as normal. My son didnt want a new bike as he had had problems in the past with what was about to happen to me.

I was flying around today in my gyro, when suddenly I was teleported out of the gyro and onto a bike, the bike that had gone missing. I must have flown into fairly close proximity of where the game thought my bike was. My gyro was still airborne and hovering overhead. This whole scenario had previously happened to my son, and when he had tried to dismount his bike he instantly died. Knowing this, I tried to log into the dm menu and go into god mode, but was not able to do it, and I also died.

At this point, my game hung and I had to control, alt, delete and close the game. When I tried to come back into the server, I was not able to. The game initialized, created character and then made the sound as if I was starting a new game, but it just hung on the starting game screen. I then have to force close the game.

I thought that maybe my character has been corrupted, but have no idea what I would have to do to fix that. Is there anyone out there who may be able to help me please.

The game freezes when trying to load in? if so try and verify your files then try again, see if it works.

If it is indeed an issue on the server side check the server logs.

EDIT: this statement is a bit confusing. " The game initialized, created character and then made the sound as if I was starting a new game, but it just hung on the starting game screen. I then have to force close the game. "

Can anyone else log in?

hmmm... I would still try and verify game files and try again. Other than that i cannot say ive ever heard of someone having this issue. Not even sure if its possible to corrupt a players profile on the server, in all the years i was an admin and hosted my own server cant say i've ever heard of this. I hope u find out whats wrong. sorry i cannot be of more help.

EDIT: does sound a bit like your player profile server side got corrupted though. worst case, delete the profile from the server and then log in which will create a new profile then just cheat in the xp via console command.

Different rental companies do things differently. But you need to log into the servers files and it should be in the "saved games" folder. You will need to know your STEAM ID number... Within the "Saved Game" folder you'll see other directories/folders, IE: The one you want IS Not "Navezgane" And within that folder you'll see the "Player" Folder. Delete the ones with your STEAMID number. Then you're good to go, but you'll be starting off at level 1.

I'm with Nitrado.net and they want the saved games in a specific folder.

I have spawned into my server at last, by deleting my character. I have given myself xp to get back to my original level. I am 4 skill points short because I didnt do the original quest. Can anyone tell me what the name of the quest is so I can give myself the quest and get the 4 skill points. Thanks

Archived