Does server push modlet xpath, or resolved configs to client?

stample

When a server has a modlet installed, what is actually being pushed to clients? Does it the push the base config, and the xpath statements of the modlet, and the client resolves changes to the xml? Or does the server push only the final configs, applying the xpath itself beforehand?

I'm trying to put in an xpath condition that will check for the presence of a png locally. If the png doesn't exist, it should load a standard icon and tint it. If the png does exist, because the client is installing/did install it manually, then it will use the png.

I want to use a custom png, but to have public server end up having no icons isn't really acceptable. I also don't want to maintain 2 codebases, one for SP and clients who manage their mods, and one for unmanaged servers.

My understanding is the server resolves the xml modlets locally AND pushes the xml to the client and then the client resolves that downloaded file locally. The server will not push Icons (yet), so those need to be loaded clientside.

Archived