Game looks great after b149

Teal

Not sure what it was but that weird glow and washed out look went away and my game looks 100% better. Textures are crisp and have depth again. Performance still isn't what it used to be but I'm starting to think it's a hardware issue even though I've upgraded recently. Anyone else seeing a difference?

It's a mixed bag for me. Granted, I'm running it on a potato, but 149 dropped the quality on things like doors, cars, and zombie models for the same settings. Full Texture for these items now look like half Textures did in 143, and half looks like quarter used to, for ballpark examples.

I can still pull around 40-60fps, but now doors, cars, and zombies look pretty smeary.

It's a mixed bag for me. Granted, I'm running it on a potato, but 149 dropped the quality on things like doors, cars, and zombie models for the same settings. Full Texture for these items now look like half Textures did in 143, and half looks like quarter used to, for ballpark examples.

I can still pull around 40-60fps, but now doors, cars, and zombies look pretty smeary.

Yeah I've noticed the door smeary textures on half after the patch. I would prefer to play with full textures but right now I'm living in the snow biome and fps tanks way too much for me if I use it there.

... Anyone else seeing a difference?

If by difference you mean I had to drop a lot of settings and avoid the snow biome if it's raining or snowing lest I start counting frames per minute, yes I am seeing a difference. I was fine in b143 everywhere but the snow biome when it was precipitating.

Archived