Drawbridge Enmity

Kahrkura

The drawbridge in A18 has disappointed me to a degree where I felt I needed to make a thread in hope to find others that share my feelings and tell me they matter, and maybe to draw some attention to this object in the game. Also to vent.

I loved the drawbridge in A17. It was perfect for me and my purposes.

The biggest (relative) issues with the drawbridge in A18(experimental):

-it's no longer flush with the ground

-it gets damaged when driven over from one side

-you can no longer place arch blocks at the top of the drawbridge

My other (but very much subjective) issues:

-it's much wider now (too wide)

-the width is now an odd number of blocks, meaning your base now needs to be an odd number of blocks if you desire symmetry

-it has a giant, tacky railing that protrudes into the base when the drawbridge is raised

I'm certain there will be those that love the new drawbridge. Maybe it'll end up growing on me once the bigger issues are addressed, but in any case I would love for the old drawbridge to get added back into the game.

Anyone have any thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Don't know what a drawbridge is?

Everyone was whining for ages about drawbridge being even number wide, so finally the pimps made it odd. About the 'non-flush' issue MM agrees it needs to be fixed. And I agree about the ugly railing.

The positive side is they fixed the LOD, it no longer changes its geometry when you walk two steps away from the bridge.

Everyone was whining for ages about drawbridge being even number wide, so finally the pimps made it odd. About the 'non-flush' issue MM agrees it needs to be fixed. And I agree about the ugly railing.

The positive side is they fixed the LOD, it no longer changes its geometry when you walk two steps away from the bridge.

Thanks for the info! Knowing the 'non-flush' issue is going to be addressed makes me very happy. After putting some more time into the game I'd say I'm over most of the other changes. Just took some time for me to adapt. The only exception to that: being not able to place arches at the top of the drawbridge. I still miss having curved corners in the base' entrance.

Most people were "whining" about the fact it was at odds with the single or triple width doors, not the width of the drawbridge. People were asking for a double door, so they didn't have to put two single doors side by side. Madmole even said he was planning to do that in one of his question and answer videos a long while back when asked about the drawbridge vs door issue.

This is a good solution though as now the triple door can be used, which is great for vehicles.

Archived