Please allow us to jump/climb 1 block high obstacles in stealth

It really reduces the usefulness of sneaking if you have to exit stealth and jump (i.e. make a ton of noise) every time you need to scale a one meter high obstacle.

I know you can carry around half blocks or ramps to get around this, but I think that's a pretty bad workaround to use. It takes up a belt slot, makes you stop, switch items and then select the right shape (as of A18), all to do something that (to me) feels like you should just be able to do with one press of the space bar.

Ruins the flow of movement in stealth.

It has always been like this. You get used to having ramp blocks on you (although I didnt see the wood frame ramp on the list last night) so you can maintain stealth. Its just another level of challenge they are trying to maintain.

Late game, stealth archery through a POI is easy mode.

You get used to having ramp blocks on you

You also get used to living in a moldy basement if it's your only option. Not sure if that means it's okay.

It would also be a "challenge" if you had to type out "jump" every time you wanted to jump, but I'm guessing few people would be okay with that. It doesn't feel much different to me though.

I don't know any other game that purposely breaks up flow of movement like this. I really hope it gets addressed, otherwise I don't think I'll ever use stealth.

Archived