Are there less Zombies in 18?

Kelefane

Ive been following Kages let's plays of 18 and I've noticed that the world is devoid of zombies. There were long spans where he didn't run across a single zombie. Is it a good idea to prune the zombie population down this much in a Zombie apocalypse game?

Biome spawns were reduced by half, and sleep response were also reduced but we don't know by how much yet.

Madmole said the biome spawns respawn twice as fast, so he thinks that is a fair balance.

He's wrong, but I tried convincing him of that to no avail.

Well if the reduction in Zombies was meant as some kind of QOL making it less taxing on computers to improve performance, then why not give us an in game slider in the options to choose for ourselves how many Zombies are in our personal world? I hate to say it but lowering the threat of Zombies in a Zombie apocalypse game is counterproductive. Otherwise all you have is a loot and explore game with little to no threat. This game needs AI bandits badly if this new Zombie count is the norm going forward.

I miss the days of A15 when there was more biome zombies. A17 was the big downfall of biome zombies, looks like A18 even more so.

Sadly, TFP thinks that more zombies in POI makes up for it. meh, would prefer the random chaos of increased biome zombies.

Archived