Player-craftable beehives [minor spoilers]

Pwnlord

Unless I'm missing something, world-generated beehives don't regenerate, and cannot be harvested non-destructively.

I rather liked the Zombie Bees before they got removed, but they're not coming back as apparently they were embarrassing, somehow. I'd be perfectly fine with Radioactive Bees-Grace in Bob's Boars shows they're entirely possible-but I'm unsure if we'll be getting those back ever.

So, in the meantime, why not let players craft their own Beehives?

2-4 Honey, 20 Wood, 40 Plant Fiber, maybe some nails. Can be harvested every couple of days for Honey based on the Player's Living Off The Land skill, at the risk of releasing a bee swarm that does damage to any uncovered skin on the player model. Could also introduce Smoke Bombs that pacify the bees, too.

I rather liked the Zombie Bees...

As did I. Those hornets could be a menace.

Running around in the woods you would surely stir up a few...

and the next thing you know, BZzT, StING.

I thought they were cool.

Having a fear off them IRL made me jump a few times.

Bring back the hornet!

maybe you can Find Beehives and can Chop them up and Get Honey Comb and with 5 and a jar you can make jar of honey

This is already implemented in a fashion. The random stumps you see around the world drop honey when cut down sometimes-about once in five, as a matter of fact.

Yeah but the bottle thing tho so i think its better to get honey comb and able to craft it

The devs have been steadily and specifically removing single-use items from the game. If realistic beekeeping interests you, check out a game called Vintage Story.

Archived