a17.4 Ded server improperly shutdown

Bigworm

My power went out while I was out of town the other day. When I restarted the server I spawned in as my normal character but in a random location (still had all my stuff). The map is now completely unexplored but my map markers are still present. It's reset to day 1 (easily fixed with console commands) but I can't scroll the map nor are there any trees on the map.

Previous saveworld commands were made regularly so I'm not sure why it didn't just roll back to that point?

Any ideas on how to recover this? If not, any ideas on how to work around? I can fix the day/time in game but IDK anyway to restore the environment.

If the saveworld command doesn't work, why is it there?

edit: It's also not loading any distance terrain. It's only rendering the view distance around my toon.

Running saveworld is an old command, and it's only there for bug testing. It's not making any kind of a backup, and about 3 seconds after you run it, data changes. This is a Voxel game where data is constantly being updated to hundreds of files. If you shut down unexpectedly, any files that are being written to can get corrupted.

The only way to have a backup, is to run them manually.

If you check the Sticky FAQ, there is a post including a method that can possibly save you. There is also a thread here in this section just a few posts below with information on how to possibly fix the corrupted data.

Archived