Infection levels - Overlay on Map

EnableScope

Level 4 - Red - Highly Infected Level 3 - Orange- Medium Infection Level 2 - Yellow - Mildly Infected Level 1 - Green - Low Infection Entire world is level 4. Kill all the zombies in a particular region all day and it will lower the level by 1. Don't kill zombies for a particular day in that region and it increases a level by 1. This would effect how infected spawn... rarely spawn green, constantly spawn red. Then zombies can actually migrate across the map depending on the zombie density. Zones wouldn't effect migration of zombies or traveling hordes but it could control what directions they come from.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;121054]Not a bad idea but it would be kinda hard to tell which biome that region is with the colors so it should be like pressing a button to show these infection levels on the map and then turn them off. You have my vote +1[/QUOTE] ^^This^^ +1 To infection levels :)

I like the idea but I think it needs a few tweaks. Instead of lowering infection levels by killing EVERYTHING in a zone and having the level change at the end of the day, you could do this: Red - 100 zed spawn limit - kill 50 zeds within zone to drop to orange Orange - 80 zed spawn limit - kill 40 zeds within zone to drop to yellow Yellow - 60 zed spawn limit - kill 30 zeds within zone to drop to green Green - 40 zed spawn limit On another note, this would be terrible for unwanted PVP - look at the map, oh look a green zone, let's go huntin' Billy-Joe! Food for thought.

Sounds like an interesting idea. That said, where would we be getting this magical overlay from? Unless we have the planes relaying this info, or a UAV, our character is getting hints out of the blue. Of course, you could argue that it would be an innate sense or skill.

[QUOTE=Ben2150;121334]Sounds like an interesting idea. That said, where would we be getting this magical overlay from? Unless we have the planes relaying this info, or a UAV, our character is getting hints out of the blue. Of course, you could argue that it would be an innate sense or skill.[/QUOTE] It doesn't have to be that level of realism. Zombies aren't real but this game has them. Why can we see the infection level on the map? Well, because it's a cool feature for the game.

[QUOTE=Xtrakicking;121054]Not a bad idea but it would be kinda hard to tell which biome that region is with the colors so it should be like pressing a button to show these infection levels on the map and then turn them off. You have my vote +1[/QUOTE] Exactly, there would be a button to see the infection. Maybe even a HUD display that says red zone, orange zone, yellow zone, or something like that so as your traveling you do not even have to look at the map.

Interesting idea. I would like to add that maybe at level 1 it will take a few days before the pop goes up due to the small zombie pop. OH and maybe hordes can only spawn from orange and red areas? then get sent through the green/yellow? This way they would get sent through areas that players presumably are, while not B lining it through your base.

Archived