My deleted thread and apologies.

RyanX

It was designed to highlight the absurd number of zombies in every POI by trying to come up with lore to explain it.

According to what I have read so far, the number of zombies in POIs in A18 should be reduced by about 20%.

As far as the lore is concerned, in my opinion it doesn't matter for this game. It can be fun to think of something but it is not necessary for every game. Only for games that live from the story a coherent story is necessary.

For hundreds, if not thousands of years mankind has lived bereft from sorcery. In my lifetime I have SEEN its resurgence though.

When I was a child there were no "magic words". The thought that I could say something....a word or two....and manifest REAL and TANGIBLE demons that were ready to rend me limb from limb was unthinkable and frankly a bit chuckle-worthy. Yet...here we are today. With a word or two I can make my career disappear. I can cause people who would otherwise be thoughtful, intelligent beings to turn into mindless drones bent on vengeance. I can even make my expressed thoughts (if they are poorly evoked) suddenly evaporate into the nether, in a land where people have died for the right for me to utter them.

Breath in the transformative miasma and adapt to the new ways of sorcery. Adapt and learn to defend yourself; learn to neutralize your enemies before they turn their gaze to you...or cease to exist in the new realm of magic words.

-Morloc

Archived