need help with server speed

Lucerat

Hello

I am the owner of the server, which is spread with honey for the players. Our online exceeds 50 players constantly

Above 10-15 players, the zombie’s problems begin with a pattern of movement on the player. Above 25 players, transport problems begin (jerky rides)

Is it possible to force the 7d server to interact with the CPU over 50%? Reserve there to do or set how much to eat in static mode?

How many people will survive the game engine?

100 will be able to sustain players online?

From all players - thanks for the good optimization. 17.4

Many issues have been resolved!

Screen with RDP and CAM software - without running 7d game (only windows and server 7d)

111.jpg.13607a21c2f96fff6202ecc74ce949a1.jpg

1892529838_ZPHhNubk6Ys1.thumb.jpg.615afdc923970656d70f66da2d3feee3.jpg

427075593_iVP-YYErT_01.thumb.jpg.a74a096e7e3e331af701c384ef667078.jpg

78449767_OsoEPoGYgug1.thumb.jpg.7062b114d30ac118436b1496dc0a3766.jpg

123.thumb.jpg.05f81df0f721815bb34cc84c7edeee34.jpg

With the high number of players I'd think your network throughput might be the bottleneck. Maybe the cpu isn't working hard because it can't get the data fast enough. Can you post your network stats while a lot of players are on?

all stats

8700K 4.700MHz

32gb ram 3000 MHz

SSD Samsung Evo 850

200\100 megabit internet channel on optical cable in router (router gigagit)

upload on 40+ players = 19-24 megabit.

I can run utorrent and players will not feel anything

During global soil collapses - the processor is above 20% even rising.

I would be happy to give him 50% and 100%, and the server does not want to consume higher

I will publish traffic statistics in the evening

now everyone is sleeping and online 8 :)

With the high number of players I'd think your network throughput might be the bottleneck. Maybe the cpu isn't working hard because it can't get the data fast enough. Can you post your network stats while a lot of players are on?

18 players

upload - 3.5-7 megabit only

download - not used

network.thumb.jpg.ec06db37dc7d12384022cb40ee74f99a.jpg

So network bw isn't a problem. I dunno what you can do to make it better. Your setup seems good and based on what SylenThunder said, it isn't going to get better with that many players. Maybe some kinda dual server setup with load balancing would help. I sometimes play on public servers that have > 20 population and when that many are on the performance is always bad in this build.

So network bw isn't a problem. I dunno what you can do to make it better. Your setup seems good and based on what SylenThunder said, it isn't going to get better with that many players. Maybe some kinda dual server setup with load balancing would help. I sometimes play on public servers that have > 20 population and when that many are on the performance is always bad in this build.

We have found a temporary solution.

Either you play with us, or without lags with online 3-4 :)

According to the characteristics PC - he work in relax mode

Maybe in the release of the game 7d will be better.

I haven't seen them moving away from the 8-player co-op model. You guys should try to conform more with what the game is designed for. This isn't a MMO.

Unfortunately this is very regrettable

Actually regrettable

Competitive games keep 80+ players with no problems in the code.

To release the top game of the genre of survival and limit the network game

No news - will it be made competitive by Ark or Rust?

For a solo game - the game is not a competitor to other games.

If multiplayer is higher then online and higher is the interest of people (survivors villages, etc.)

Ark and Rust aren't fully 3D Voxel worlds. They have a fraction of the hardware requirements that 7 Days to die does. In fact, you can play either of them on a toaster if it has a halfway decent GPU. I've actually done that. Throw a GTX 1060 in an old Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz system with merely 8GB of RAM, and you'll get a solid 60 FPS every day. If you unlock the framerate, 100FPS is easily achievable.

Managing the world data for a fully 3D Voxel terrain and building system is a hell of a lot more complex that any other game on the market is currently attempting. It's also not targeting the same market. You're trying to shove it there by comparison. You have to accept the game for what it is. Not what you want it to be.

Ark and Rust aren't fully 3D Voxel worlds. They have a fraction of the hardware requirements that 7 Days to die does.

Yes, the hardware requirements are greater, but then wouldn't throwing more, bigger, faster hardware at it make performance better? I'm specifically talking about the server version. Let's say 8 people can play on a machine with 8 cores, just as an example. Then, couldn't you get 32 players on a server with 32 cores? Has that been tested?

Or is it software bound? Meaning no matter how much 'server' you give it, it's gonna misbehave after 8 players.

Yes, the hardware requirements are greater, but then wouldn't throwing more, bigger, faster hardware at it make performance better? I'm specifically talking about the server version. Let's say 8 people can play on a machine with 8 cores, just as an example. Then, couldn't you get 32 players on a server with 32 cores? Has that been tested?

Or is it software bound? Meaning no matter how much 'server' you give it, it's gonna misbehave after 8 players.

It's a software limitation.

My server has 24 cores, 80GB RAM, and SSD's in RAID for speed. I've run as many as 7 server instances with 10-players per server and max entities without an issue. I currently run 3 with 20 players without an issue, and am also hosting 3 other game servers on the same machine. Even with all that, it's rarely under a heavy load. I was able to hit 80% CPU and RAM briefly when we had a contest that spawned max zeds for a BM and synched it all at once.

I've been hosting servers since Alpha 10, and I push the limits in testing every build. I've never been able to get a server over 20 users to run stable without an error. Once you hit 21 online, the chance for data corruption is almost assured.

Whether it's TFP's coding, or a core limitation of Unity is hard to say. I am leaning towards the latter though as it occurs in other similar Unity games.

Archived