New Tool Type help

SlicksGirl

I dont know if this is possible, i'm assuming it is much simpler than i'm making it out to be.

i wasnt to create blocks that can only be damaged with a certain type of tool, say admin tools. so that i can create a pvp arena, but we can make modifications of that arena in the server but players not be able to.

is it possible to make it so that there is on a specific tool, say an admin hammer, that can damage a set of blocks like weapons can only damage entities and tools only damage blocks. but there be a third group that only admin tools can damage admin blocks?

Royal Deluxe's undestroyable blocks does that. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection

It accomplishes it by making it downgrade to itself but with the included tool and material you can upgrade it to a hay bale and then remove it. You will get yellow warnings with it but they can be ignored.

ooh interesting. i dont want a whole mod, just for this one thing. I just need one block. I know about the infinite downgrade hack. but the upgrade to hay bale or even air is a great tip, thank you!

Don't know about currently available mods, but if you don't mind coding, an interesting solution would be to add in another damage type, create a new craftable block that is of that material type and assing appropriate damage detriments to all tools and weapons. This means assigning the damage type -100% damage for everything except a few selected tools/weapons.

Don't know if it's possible to add a new type of damage. Would have to test this out yourself.

Archived