How to change the specific line in an XML file?

Virginia37

I have a really long config file(not my own) and I want to change a specific line in it.

I need to change the ServerPort value to 12345 for example, but without the code knowing the actual number..(the 26900).

this is a very small part of the config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ServerSettings>
 <property name="ServerPort"               value="26900"/>             <!-- Port you want the server to listen on. -->
 <property name="ServerIsPublic"           value="true"/>              <!-- Should this server register to master server -->
 <property name="ServerName"               value="My Game Host"/>      <!-- Whatever you want the name to be. -->
 <property name="ServerPassword"           value=""/>                  <!-- Password to gain entry to the server -->
 <property name="ServerMaxPlayerCount"     value="8"/>                 <!-- Maximum Concurrent Players -->
 <property name="ServerDescription"        value="A 7 Days to Die server"/> <!-- Whatever you want the description to be. -->
 <property name="ServerWebsiteURL"         value=""/>                  <!-- Website URL for the server -->

I have a really long config file(not my own) and I want to change a specific line in it.

I need to change the ServerPort value to 12345 for example, but without the code knowing the actual number..(the 26900).

with what? With an editor? (that would be a silly question though).

With some programming language or script language? Which one? On which operating system (yes, there is more than one) ?

On your local machine or on a server? If on a server, do you have ssh access or only ftp access?

Archived