Custom paintable models

So, I've made a model in blender, imported to unity and exported to .unity3d file. I just can not create paintable models, I've already assigned the "shape" property to "New" in xml, but when I do, the template becomes invisible in the game, what am I doing wrong? How this is supposed to work?

The way the game is set up you can only paint the code generated shapes that tfp has made. No models with mesh as yet I'm afraid.

It's why you can't paint doors and workbenches. You can however, usually tint them. But if you want a texture on a new block you must do it in unity.

Yes, unfortunately these blocks consist of separate planes. It's not a complete mesh.

They are designated specifically for painting from different sides.

I also imagined this, which was made up of several separate meshes. This is certainly inconvenient for productivity, since we would need to create the same block for several different textures, not to mention the probability of editing some mesh, we'll need to edit all that use the same mesh shape. At least several prefabs can share the same texture in memory, something to not worry so much about.

Archived