Using SDX launcher -- few questions.

Jay_ombie

Okay, broke into using the SDX launcher. Used to use this in the early days but things have changed in A17 and we got SDX Mods and Modlets and mods in mods folder(s) etc... little confused.

Trying to find info amongst the tons out there is overwhelming. Could you be kind enough to just pass it by me and confirm if I am doing this right ?

I used to have all my mods in the MODS folder. I installed SDX tool, and threw all my mods into SDX mods folder instead.

Only 4 was seen as SDX compatible and were ticked accordingly.

Now the other modlets that do not show in the SDX window I have placed back into MODS folder as before as I assume they will still run from there.

Question :

1. Can I run all my mods from SDX and if I can what am I doing wrong ?

2. Am I correct to assume I can (if I continue to do it the current way) have normal modlets in my 7days mods folder and my SDX compatible mods will go into the SDX mods folder yes?

3. Do I need to be aware of anything using SDX ?

Thanks.

Okay, broke into using the SDX launcher. Used to use this in the early days but things have changed in A17 and we got SDX Mods and Modlets and mods in mods folder(s) etc... little confused.

Trying to find info amongst the tons out there is overwhelming. Could you be kind enough to just pass it by me and confirm if I am doing this right ?

I used to have all my mods in the MODS folder. I installed SDX tool, and threw all my mods into SDX mods folder instead.

Only 4 was seen as SDX compatible and were ticked accordingly.

Now the other modlets that do not show in the SDX window I have placed back into MODS folder as before as I assume they will still run from there.

Question :

1. Can I run all my mods from SDX and if I can what am I doing wrong ?

2. Am I correct to assume I can (if I continue to do it the current way) have normal modlets in my 7days mods folder and my SDX compatible mods will go into the SDX mods folder yes?

3. Do I need to be aware of anything using SDX ?

Thanks.

1) The modlets you don't see are probably missing a mod.xml. SDX will generate a ModInfo.xml from the mod.xml, if one does not exist.

2) Yes. You can deploy non-SDX mods to your normal Mods folder, and just run SDX on the SDX mods. They'll be copied over, and leave your existing modlets.

3) It's addicting.

Archived