Any ideas if I can't click on my motorcycle?

gwensparkle

I was riding my motorcycle in game when we had a power outage in my neighborhood. Lasted about 3 hours and when I logged back into the game I was happy to see my motorcycle. Unfortunately I can't click on it to ride it or access the storage contents.

So far I tried digging the ground below. A shot in the dark, but I thought maybe I could knock it loose or something. Now it just hovers above the hole in the ground.

I have a bad feeling my bike and everything I had stored in it is gone, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has recovered a bike in a similar situation.

Never mind - logging out and then in again worked. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Royal Deluxe. I was typing the same time you posted.

I didn't know about emptying the toolbelt so I had just logged out and in (yet again). Next time I'll empty the toolbelt. That would just add insult to injury to lose everything on your belt as well!

I had a similar situation HOWEVER slightly different. I was on the motorcycle when I either crashed or power outage etc (game crash happened more often:)) and when I log back in I am still on the bike, but stationary and with no controls. I either had to self kill or wait for a friendly zombie to kill me to run back and get the bike.....PITA. logging out and in did fix it once for me, but wasn't reliable....

I have to come back and add an additional solution because my motorcycle became inaccessible AGAIN the next day!!! This time no amount of logging out and back in helped. Then I tried digging under it, but the motorcycle just ended up hovering over the big pothole I'd dug. It stayed hovering even after logging out and back in.

I finally decide I would try leaving the area of the map where the motorcycle was and returning later to the motorcycle. So I get on my bicycle and start out. By chance I got too close to the pothole in the road that I'd made and started to fall in, causing me to hit the motorcycle while on my bicycle. This caused the motorcycle to fall into the hole and after that it was accessible again.

An unexpected solution, but maybe it will help someone else someday. :smile-new:

Archived