Zombies aggro to our mines for no reason?

Feycat

This is not me complaining about diggers. Diggers are fine.

I thought it was pretty funny when my husband and buddy would be mining at night and then a horde would come by (we use JaxTeller's bigger wandering hordes modlet so we actually HAVE those) and start excavating them. Sometimes they'd get through before morning and we'd have a big mosh pit down there, then fill the dug place with cement in the morning.

Only... zombies keep aggroing to that same spot. Including screamers. We have 6 forges running fulltime inside the base, and the chem station, work benches and cookfires are in pretty regular use. We have NO torches in the mines or passive heat of any kind, they use mining helmets or helmet lights down there. And the zombies keep aggroing to that spot when NO ONE is in there.

At one point, the boys went down there and found a screamer already wandering around, she'd dug down out of sight so quickly that I didn't see her start digging at all. THAT was a bloody mess!

Why are they aggroing way over there instead of on the actual heat-producing base?

Could be that the modlet makes the hordes so big that “the next” horde is actually still a continuation of the first horde with the same pit stop. If you are the server owner you could keep doing killall commands to see if it finally changes to a new destination. There may even be information in the console to see how big the horde was supposed to be and see if it is significantly larger than the max alive number.

Could be that the modlet makes the hordes so big that “the next” horde is actually still a continuation of the first horde with the same pit stop. If you are the server owner you could keep doing killall commands to see if it finally changes to a new destination. There may even be information in the console to see how big the horde was supposed to be and see if it is significantly larger than the max alive number.

Oh, it's not 100% of the time. I just don't understand why they're aggroing to a spot out in the field in the first place when there's no one in there.

Are they reading it as a way to get into the base?

Archived