Zombie speeds/memory need tweaking

RestInPieces

We can still take a stroll outside, even with low max stamina, during night time or BM, scavenge, gather items etc and easily avoid zombies - in fact it is much safer than being inside a base. One reason are the rare outdoor spawns (which seems like a problem with a long-term solution so never mind that for now), but two more immediate reasons are zombie speed and zombie memory.

Not much to be said about zombie memory (never noticed when that setting was taken out), just that I think it should be more than a couple of seconds that it appears to be right now.

As for different speeds, they don't seem to make much actual difference. Nightmare speed is anything but nightmarish, since the player can still casually backpedal, gather items every now and then, shoot, enjoy the scenery etc, while being thirsty, hungry and hunted by a zombie. Max speed should be such, so that they can also reach and damage not only the player, but vehicles as well, in order for some measure of risk to be involved when using them.

Would be great if these things were tweaked before the final A17 version is released, so that we can enjoy a more solid gameplay experience until the next patch.

It's not about spicing things up, it's more about giving BMs and base defense some meaning. And it only makes sense that the max zombie speed settings achieve that goal, because at the moment different speed settings are hardly different in practice. I am certain that the devs will at some point tweak them properly, but I just wish this was done in an A17 version.

Archived