A must-have feature that has nothing to do with me being a child inside

Leo_Major

First of all I want to relay my thanks to the devs for Alpha 17, it has provided the most fun I've had yet in my 3-ish years of playing this game, even towards the late game I'm excited for every level up as the skills get more and more hilariously potent. Now, that is besides the point, because this game is tremendously lacking something. On one of my looting runs I discovered "Flaming shaft mod" for melee weapons, and giggled with delight as I went around absolutely destroying bloaters and lumberjacks alike with my flaming sledgehammer. However, this delight quickly faded, I felt inadequate. I was hit with a stark realization, no matter if I got max level parkour and sexual tyrannosaurus, and obliterated my enemies with my flaming sledge, there was one goal I could never attain. I could never become Thor himself, no matter how hard I try as a petulant flame wielder I could never match the glory of the thunder god. Long story short, given the hilarious meme potential of a flaming hammer, I would love if a similar mod was added except for it being electric, so I may smite my enemies with my Mjolnir sledge.

Cheers, and good luck fellow survivors.

+1

These things are certainly doable even irl, especially as you could pour some flammable liquid on your weapon or plug it up to a high voltage battery (there are shock sticks out there, just saying...).

It would have to give specific effect in game though, for example 30% or 50% chance to stun a hit enemy, apart from the given damage. Dunno if it would be good to have such a weapon give 100% stun, but let others comment on this topic.

+1

These things are certainly doable even irl, especially as you could pour some flammable liquid on your weapon or plug it up to a high voltage battery (there are shock sticks out there, just saying...).

It would have to give specific effect in game though, for example 30% or 50% chance to stun a hit enemy, apart from the given damage. Dunno if it would be good to have such a weapon give 100% stun, but let others comment on this topic.

Could bring back the nailgun battery and repurpose it.

It's not like we have to have RPG styled status effects on weapons (not that we don't have them hehe). We can't simply have poison, cold or some other affliction that can't be explained, especially as 7DTD isn't focused solely on combat. On the other hand, imagine how people would diversify their weapons and tools.

Archived