Animal husbandry - farm animals for animal products

grandmaster503

Game can sometimes be hard to come by. And even the most advanced plant based recipies require animal products in one form or another. Like blueberry pie requires animal fat and eggs.

This would also allow for another level of tactical challenges. While domesticated animals could defend themselves against the horde, they could themselves become infected and spread the infection to others. This would require anyone employing animal farming to take that into consideration when laying out their base and setting up defenses.

Like the idea!

Game can sometimes be hard to come by. And even the most advanced plant based recipies require animal products in one form or another. Like blueberry pie requires animal fat and eggs.

This would also allow for another level of tactical challenges. While domesticated animals could defend themselves against the horde, they could themselves become infected and spread the infection to others. This would require anyone employing animal farming to take that into consideration when laying out their base and setting up defenses.

This is a great idea! It would be awesome to have several chickens laying eggs in the barn so we didn't have to spend time looking for them. What about adding cows so we could get milk? If the pigs had babies, we could feed them, allow them to grow, then slaughter them as needed for food. Lots of possibilities here.

Question for you: What do you think about adding scuba diving and underwear looting to the game? I posted this idea with the following title (so you can search for it): Devs: Would you consider adding Scuba Diving Gear to the game in A18?

The devs are pretty responsive to the community, as they are demonstrating by changing the official Alpha 17 release into what the community wants. I'm hoping to get enough positive responses for this idea to move it forward. I would appreciate your support. Thanks!

Raising animals has been discussed. It would count against the number of entities in the world and cripple zombie population. Do not expect it to happen soon.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think about adding scuba diving and underwear looting to the game? I posted this idea with the following title (so you can search for it): Devs: Would you consider adding Scuba Diving Gear to the game in A18?

I created a perk for this for alpha 16 "Deep Diving Perk". Devs added Olympic Swimmer perk to Alpha 17. They know that this is something the players want, and it might see some attention in the future.

Raising animals has been discussed. It would count against the number of entities in the world and cripple zombie population. Do not expect it to happen soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I created a perk for this for alpha 16 "Deep Diving Perk". Devs added Olympic Swimmer perk to Alpha 17. They know that this is something the players want, and it might see some attention in the future.

How about going to my post and adding your comments; I think TFP would be more open to it if people showed their support for it in the forum... Doesn't seem like there's a lot of traffic in this Forum. There's much more on Steam Forum... Let's try to build some momentum for this. Have you read my entire post yet?

This idea has potential, especially when you think about zombies that also want to eat your animals, but i think it would require too much new mechanics that don't really fit to this game, like taming, feeding or collecting eggs, and it would be probably too hard to balance, because why worry about animals when you can just farm some crops or find something. Also you would have to add food for this animals, or use potatoes/corn to feed them, but why don't you just eat potatoes instead? And if no one use this mechanics it's unnecessary waste of time for developers. I can be wrong, but for me it just doesn't fit this game. Just think about first blood moon, you would have to lock your animals and defend the barn, but with current zombies it would be impossible, because they destroy everything very very quickly and are very very hungry. ;)

It does have potential and I've wanted more things to do in-game. Unfortunately, the only way it would work is if, the animal didn't count against the entity count for zombies as well. So rather being an actual NPC, maybe they could be more like an animated block? So a person could "craft" a chicken + birdnest, and it would work like a lootable container when placed down, the only difference that it would generate an egg or feathers in x amount of time.

Archived