Workstation Fuel help

Sorrowthief

I have made a new work station but can't seem to figure out what determines the Icons in the fuel box or any of the others for that matter. I know how to make it use a different fuel type but how do you change the icon? I was looking in the windows.xml and figured it would be as simple as creating a new window and inputting my7 own icons but I realized that there was no Chemistry station window. It must be using another window like campfire but I don't see where or how it is getting different icons for tools and fuel.

Don’t know about the fuel as I haven’t built any custom fuel stations but for tools you can definitely do that. Look at FarmLifeMod and the brew station. I add both windows and xui entries. Not sure it helps but have a look

- - - Updated - - -

required_tools https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/blob/master/FarmLifeMod/Config/XUi/windows.xml

- - - Updated - - -

I can see my own custom icons in the tools panel.

I haven't checked into it in the last few alphas but in others I never found anyway to make a forge or anything burn a specific type of fuel.

If an item has the property FuelValue value="#" then that item will burn in anything that uses fuel. Motorized vehicle's are the exception as they only run on gas/oil

Don’t know about the fuel as I haven’t built any custom fuel stations but for tools you can definitely do that. Look at FarmLifeMod and the brew station. I add both windows and xui entries. Not sure it helps but have a look

- - - Updated - - -

required_tools https://github.com/stasis78/7dtd-mods/blob/master/FarmLifeMod/Config/XUi/windows.xml

- - - Updated - - -

I can see my own custom icons in the tools panel.

Thank you that's what I needed. And to Quasimiyao, yes it's the fuelvalue= part I'm using. I just remove a lot of the ones I don't want and add it to the ones I need to power my stuff for my mod. I wish it was a way to exclude certain things or require only a certain type of fuel but so far I don't think that's possible. I imaging the gas and oil for the cars is hard coded.

While we are on the xui files it used to be possible to add an image as a background for custom toolbelts and things to actually make the tool bar look like a belt. Does anyone know if that's still possible. I know Valmod had a custom tool bar that looked like a utility belt.

Archived