Bring back the old goreblocks.

SenpaiThatIngnoresYou

I forget which alpha they were removed, but i miss the meat blocks that zombies used to turn into. They made horde night interesting. It used to be, that if you stopped up a kill trap with corpses, the zombies would rethink the route they were taking and attack a different part of the base. It also forced you to move around the base to prevent bottle necks.

Now we create bottle necks and merrily kill everything that gets stuck there. Since zombies jump higher now, the old gore block system would not only be cool again, but make things far more dangerous too. They could climb over the corpses of their fallen zombie comrades to get to you.

• 9 months later...
Agree.

They could disappear after a while, on horde night it could still be interesting (and you don't have to cleanup in the morning :jaded:).

I am necroing this thread, and will do so as often as it takes.

the old alpha 13(?) gore blocks were great, and would work really well with the new AI. Right now the main strategy seems to be a killing corridor and shooting anything that goes in. Having those designs blocked by a literal gore wall would add an intellectual challenge to horde night and would make horde defense designs more difficult and interesting.

I am necroing this thread, and will do so as often as it takes.

the old alpha 13(?) gore blocks were great, and would work really well with the new AI. Right now the main strategy seems to be a killing corridor and shooting anything that goes in. Having those designs blocked by a literal gore wall would add an intellectual challenge to horde night and would make horde defense designs more difficult and interesting.

Not really, it wouldn't change squat. The goreblocks would block the zombies, the zombies would destroy the goreblocks, and nothing would change.

Archived