Ability to climb trees

ACanadianDad

The other day I was chased over half the map with someone bent on killing me with an ax (I had no weapon). When running through the forest I had this thought that if I could only climb a tree, I might be able to get away. Any thoughts on tree climbing? It could be done with a climbing harness or for smaller trees just by jumping. PS. I finally got away by running into the middle of a horde. I got away, my attacker didn't. :)

Actually, this makes perfect sense. The zombies are going to try to destroy anything in their way to get to you anyways, and they beat on trees all the time. This however does give an alternative to simply turning tail and running away from dogs until you've run out of water and stamina (until they realize there's no escaping dogs, and they've forced people to kill them, or be killed and change it). While this wouldn't be a permanant solution to getting away from zombies, maybe it's the alternate way of getting away from the dogs we need.

Except that the dogs can actually chew through the trees as well.... A few tree trunks are not gonna be a problem to them when they can already chew through reinforced wood and even cobblestone.... Though with regards to the original post, that scenario is hilarious. :D But if he had an axe and you climbed up the tree, won't he just chop the tree down? :P

[QUOTE=Euzio;108382]Except that the dogs can actually chew through the trees as well.... A few tree trunks are not gonna be a problem to them when they can already chew through reinforced wood and even cobblestone.... Though with regards to the original post, that scenario is hilarious. :D But if he had an axe and you climbed up the tree, won't he just chop the tree down? :P[/QUOTE] I would hope that if they were to give us the ability to climb trees, they would take the extra wood block damage that dogs do to wood, away from them. I simply want this to be an alternate way to get away from dogs, as when new players join a server, it is impossible to get away from a dog, and even one dog is about a 95% guaranteed chance to die if you aggro one for a new player without armor or weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Malthis;108902]I would hope that if they were to give us the ability to climb trees, they would take the extra wood block damage that dogs do to wood, away from them. I simply want this to be an alternate way to get away from dogs, as when new players join a server, it is impossible to get away from a dog, and even one dog is about a 95% guaranteed chance to die if you aggro one for a new player without armor or weapons.[/QUOTE] Yeah, The amount of damage zombies can do to blocks is a bit excessive. It would be good if you could climb a tree and get away from dogs. Also if you were sensed but not hunted, you could hide in a larger tree, and as long as you didn't have smelling effects on you zombies would just walk on past.

They need to bring back and even improve the older trees. We should not only be able to climb up trees but even build club houses in them! A club house in a tree could be a spotting location for hunting and also a temporary sleeping site. If you sleep on the ground zombies should more easily get you and climbing in the tree to sleep would be much more safe.

• 2 weeks later...
Before a9 I thought this as a useless (while fun) option, but now with hills everywhere, I would really appreciate the ability to climb a tree to be able to scout my surroundings better in the forests. Just make it need interaction (without the "press "E" to climb" text, which should really be toggleable. Every other flower bush flashing that text destroy the immersion quite well enough), as accidentally climbing trees would be quite annoying, while hilarious for the first 5 minutes.

[QUOTE=Drawfox;123612]And Allow us to shoot from them, just not reload, or to reload very slow. Jump to another tree near could be fun, too.[/QUOTE] The broken leg when you miss would be even more fun for those watching lol. Imagine jumping, only to fall short by a hair. You break your leg, and suddenly the horde you thought you escaped is getting ready for dinner hahaha

Archived