Disabled by status effect

Bucks902

so my living off the land level 3 is red and says its been disabled by a status effect however there is no status im full and hydrated took off all clothes to see if something there was an issue and nothing seems to change it..

does anyone know whats up with it?

If you get too hot, it affects some skills (fortitude?). But it can also be because you put a point in the skill after reading a manual. Now that the manual is no longer effective, the skill changes to red. It will be valid again after you raise the fortitude.

i usually sell the manuals however i put points into fortitude and it solved the problem maybe i used one by mistake thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

Have you died recently?

Death reduces attributes and can temporarily turn off or downgrade perks.

figured out my problem thanks for the reply

also do seeds never go away? i have harvested my garden many times and the plant always stays and can be harvested again another couple days

Absolutely. Now we "pick" the fruits of the plants without destroying it. There is a skill to harvest more each time. Personally, I find the system interesting but:

- I would like the growing time to be much longer,

- zombies and animals should be able to destroy the plantations,

- to again have the possibility to fertilize the land,

- use a watering can or irrigation system.

Agriculture really needs a big boost, especially in a survival game where food should be the main problem for a while.

Did you start this save before they reworked the perks? I had this when I kept an old save from an earlier build.

Example: I had 8 Int before the change but only 6 after (when Int cost a lot more points). All the skills I had unlocked at 8 Int were ticked in red and said "disabled by status effect" until I earned enough XP to get Int back to 8.

Absolutely. Now we "pick" the fruits of the plants without destroying it. There is a skill to harvest more each time. Personally, I find the system interesting but:

- I would like the growing time to be much longer,

- zombies and animals should be able to destroy the plantations,

- to again have the possibility to fertilize the land,

- use a watering can or irrigation system.

Agriculture really needs a big boost, especially in a survival game where food should be the main problem for a while.

Remember when plants needed to have water near it and zombies could destroy the plants.

You had to protect your garden from BM hordes.

That was great fun!!!

I know :) I hope it will be back. But rabbits who come at night to decimate our plantations would be a nice addition ^^.

And the horrific screams of the lagomorphs would ring throughout the night accompanied by the mechanical staccato of anti-bunny defense turrets. I can dig it.

Archived