My Game Stage Feels Out of Control - Tips?

Synthe

Hi all,

I'm currently level 139 and my game stage is 330ish. It seems like it just suddenly got completely out of control. I have bears stacked on top of bears in every single building. If it's not a stack of bears/zombie bears it's 4-5 radiated zombies.

Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips? I am playing on Warrior and until recently it was managable. This just feels nuts, especially when a building has 20 bears stuffed into it (no joke, I had a good laugh watching 5 bears drop off a roof while a string came out of a door but it's also kind of excessive).

I feel like I can't use a gun because once I start shooting it just draws everything else nearby, but bow/crossbow isn't doing enough damage on the radiated dudes and bears, so it takes way too much ammo to drop them.

What are folks using to clear zeds at this point in the game?

Hi all,

I'm currently level 139 and my game stage is 330ish. It seems like it just suddenly got completely out of control. I have bears stacked on top of bears in every single building. If it's not a stack of bears/zombie bears it's 4-5 radiated zombies.

Is this normal? Does anyone have any tips? I am playing on Warrior and until recently it was managable. This just feels nuts, especially when a building has 20 bears stuffed into it (no joke, I had a good laugh watching 5 bears drop off a roof while a string came out of a door but it's also kind of excessive).

I feel like I can't use a gun because once I start shooting it just draws everything else nearby, but bow/crossbow isn't doing enough damage on the radiated dudes and bears, so it takes way too much ammo to drop them.

Did you start a new game for 240? The bears in the house was a bug from not restarting. I've hit above GS 300 on Survivalist and not had anything like what you described. Radiated zombies in every single corner, sure - but not stacks of bears. Only the occasional bear here and there.

AK47 with scope and burst mod, sledgehammer with rad-remover and a couple dirty tricks.

Dirty tricks:

Never use a door , or other intended entry. Make your own entry , and try to

peek into a room as much as you can BEFORE entering.

Quite often, you can see the sleeping zombies while staying outside. This is

when it's time to use the AK47, crouch and shoot. With some luck, you'll be

able to kill them off one by one without waking the rest.

If you are brave, you can run in, shoot a shot or two, then run back out

and use sledgehammer on whatever comes out.

To fight a bear, just keep walking backward and smack it. It won't hit you.

But as Jax said, mostly likely you are having the bear bug. It sucks. Best

solution i think would be to start a new world, and either play it from start,

or giveselfxp to make up for your lost time and levels.

edit: Oh, and you can set feral/radiated zombies to walk too now. Helps a bunch

if you have trouble fighting them.

Im guessing you didnt wipe your game when stable hit. The bears in the poi thing is because you didn't wipe in between b233 and release.

Youre level 139 though. Radiateds are to be very expected by that level.

Had no idea about the bears, thanks!

And thanks to the other tips in here, I'll give them all a try.

Archived