How do i increase the number of zombies for wandering horde and blood moon horde?

Belerophon013

Hey there,

Does anybody know how and what exactly i have to change in order to increase the number of zombies for both wandering horde and blood moon horde?

im currently playing A17 with zombie count set on 64 but just 45min in game at 22:45 the blood moon horde is already over and all of the zombies are killed.

the wandering horde is even worse after they changed it. i get maybe 5 zombies once every 2-3 days, i would like to change that to atleast once a day and 30+ wandering horde.

for the blood moon horde i would like to see more zombies aswell or atleast throughout the whole horde night to make it more fun and challenging.

i really hope in future updates they will ad the option to choos the settings yourself like they did for the running speed.

lets say low-med-high-extreem for wandering hordes for example 5-12-24-40 zombies.

thanks for any replies :smile-new:

thank you, yes i have read about the gamestages.

when i type gamestage in game it shows at the moment its 214 so thats really low i guess.

in the xml i saw when your gamestage gets higher the number of zombies alive is also higher, i dont fully understand but should this mean both wandering and blood moon horde count will increase in numbers?

i know i can increase my own gamestage but then the POI will probably be filled with rad cops and ferals,

in the xml i see

spawn duration

max alive

num

interval

but im not sure what i have to change there and if i have to change all the lines.

im currently playing A17 with zombie count set on 64 but just 45min in game at 22:45 the blood moon horde is already over and all of the zombies are killed.

Either something is wrong with your game, or your strategy for dealing with blood moon hordes is more efficient than anything I've seen so far.

Unless zombie count at 64 doesn't increase the total amount of zombies that will spawn during blood moon, just the number that spawns at once? I'd assume the number of waves would remain the same, but if it doesn't, I can see how the fight would end quickly if you have a decent defense set up.

Sorry, don't really have suggestions, what you described just seems weird to me :)

Either something is wrong with your game, or your strategy for dealing with blood moon hordes is more efficient than anything I've seen so far.

Unless zombie count at 64 doesn't increase the total amount of zombies that will spawn during blood moon, just the number that spawns at once? I'd assume the number of waves would remain the same, but if it doesn't, I can see how the fight would end quickly if you have a decent defense set up.

Sorry, don't really have suggestions, what you described just seems weird to me :)

Yea XD thats the problem my base set up works to good. i have them walk up stairs passing 2 blade traps and a electric fence, they get stunned on the 2nd blade and it takes just 1 or 2 shots to kill them, with 64 count the wave just got bigger meaning more zombies in 1 time. but it doesnt effect the total amount of zombies it seems, so yes you are right about that.

thats why im looking for a way to have more waves spawned or something like that so i have more zombies to kill for a longer period of time.

Ahh yes, that makes sense. I built a base somewhat like that in an earlier experimental version, only I didn't have stairs, but simply a small hallway with electric fences across and two blade traps at the end. I took up position at the end of the hallway, with a gap to fire through, and every zombie just got shredded before they even managed to get a hit in on the door separating me from them.

I might up the spawn count to 64 as well for my next horde night, just to get it over with sooner, haha. The new AI definitely needs some anti-exploit tweaking, hope TFP can pull it off.

What the hell happened to wandering hordes?????

i almost never have any anymore, and when i do its just a small group of 5 zombies.

i have read you need to be online in your game for 24+ hours for any wandering horde to spawn on the first place

they are way to small and not frequent enough in my opinion

Archived