A little modlet help please

Exxodous

I tried writing a small modlet to set some numbers on dusters. I wanted to set the hypo and hyper thermal resist to 65

I tried to copy the format from others you guys have written but when I load the game it does not change the values in the items block. I have other mods in my mod folder that are working fine (not written by me). I'm sure I have something wrong but just cant see it.

<config>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDuster]/passive_effect[@name=HypothermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDuster]/passive_effect[@name=HyperthermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDusterBlack]/passive_effect[@name=HypothermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDusterBlack]/passive_effect[@name=HyperthermalResist]/@value">65</set>

</config>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xml>

<ModInfo>

<Name value="Exxodous_Duster" />

<Description value="Wear A Duster for Weather Survival" />

<Author value="Exxodous" />

<Version value="1.0.0" />

</ModInfo>

</xml>

I tried writing a small modlet to set some numbers on dusters. I wanted to set the hypo and hyper thermal resist to 65

I tried to copy the format from others you guys have written but when I load the game it does not change the values in the items block. I have other mods in my mod folder that are working fine (not written by me). I'm sure I have something wrong but just cant see it.

<config>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDuster]/passive_effect[@name=HypothermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDuster]/passive_effect[@name=HyperthermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDusterBlack]/passive_effect[@name=HypothermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDusterBlack]/passive_effect[@name=HyperthermalResist]/@value">65</set>

</config>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<xml>

<ModInfo>

<Name value="Exxodous_Duster" />

<Description value="Wear A Duster for Weather Survival" />

<Author value="Exxodous" />

<Version value="1.0.0" />

</ModInfo>

</xml>

Is your changes under Mods/Exxodous_Duster/Config/items.xml?

Is your changes under Mods/Exxodous_Duster/Config/items.xml?

I had the folder (Exxodous_Duster"s") named wrong I think. I will try it in a bit. Thank you for your reply, it made me look at my folder name. It did not match the <Name value=Exxodous_Duster"/> in the Mod info xml.

I'll let you know.

Nope, that did not work.

The folders name is Exxodous_Duster in the "Mods" folder. I have a Config folder in that with a "Mod Info" XML file below that. Inside the folder named Exodous_Duster is the Config folder with the XML "items" (with the attached path)

I've tried several variations but can not get it to load at game start.

I must be doing something wrong and it's quite irritating because it seems like it should have been simple. Anyone have any suggestions how to change the thermalresist of the duster using the modlet system. I know it is doable but I'm missing something.

Figured it out. I was missing the "effect_group" path, as well as the aforementioned wrong folder name sphereii mentioned earlier.

<config>

<set xpath="/items/item[@name=leatherDuster]/effect_group/passive_effect[@name=HypothermalResist]/@value">65</set>

<set

Archived