Stop People From Quitting Because Of Night Time

EnableScope

[QUOTE=EnableScope;101849]By default night time is less than 10 minutes, I understand what you mean if your server set night time to 5 hours. But if night time is less than 10 minutes and that interferes with your life you need to prioritize your life. It is cheating to get infinite health during night time, don't worry you are not welcome to my server so you won't have to worry, once this feature or similar feature is added you will always have the option to put chicken mode on.[/QUOTE] What he means is he might have to leave for work during the night. You don't show up to work 5 to 10 minutes late for such a stupid reason as 7dtd. You WILL get fired, or at least written up. Nor does he work for only 10 minutes, nor can he just skip work whenever he likes.

The best solution would be to make nighttime somehow beneficial for the player as oppose to punishing the person who avoids it. Those who survive the whole night may, for example, get a buff in the morning such as become hungry/thirsty slower, or run faster. Or, even better, nighttime loot carried by zombies and in recently unloaded chunks of land will temporarily become 3x better. This should suffice to tempt anyone to brave the night in hopes of great treasures.

[QUOTE=ClintHardwood;103440]The best solution would be to make nighttime somehow beneficial for the player as oppose to punishing the person who avoids it. Those who survive the whole night may, for example, get a buff in the morning such as become hungry/thirsty slower, or run faster. Or, even better, nighttime loot carried by zombies and in recently unloaded chunks of land will temporarily become 3x better. This should suffice to tempt anyone to brave the night in hopes of great treasures.[/QUOTE] True :) Although, running zombies are really hard to "kill" with a melee weapon at present. Best solution is to shoot'em up but WHERE IS MY AMMO?! The ammo is too few to even attempt going Gun-ho. I think it is designed like the Call of Duty zombie apoc but with 5 bullets versus 100 zombies. I mainly build my fort first then work on making guns & ammo, so I rely on melee most of the time. As I stated above; it is almost impossible to kill them close range. Especially if you don't have a Mining Helmet to see in the dark. Sure you could throw Torches all over the place but that uses most of your resources.

[QUOTE=Gipothegip;103205]A better solution would be to keep track of those who consistantly log off to avoid conflict and ban. Just make it a rule on your server and it should resolve, or if you're on someone elses server request a rule be made for such a scenario.[/QUOTE] This is a horrible solution. Who cares if someone logs off consistently??? It is part of the game, they are allowed to do what is part of the game. See unlike you I am not about "controlling" people. I want it to actually be part of the mechanics of the game. People who are constantly accusing me of wanting to "control" how people play keep suggesting that I "ban" people for doing things which are entirely part of the game. For example suicide, they finally removed it because of the spirit of this thread, not because of this thread, what I mean is the same kind of reasoning, that it made the game unrealistic. [QUOTE=Gipothegip;103208]What he means is he might have to leave for work during the night. You don't show up to work 5 to 10 minutes late for such a stupid reason as 7dtd. You WILL get fired, or at least written up. Nor does he work for only 10 minutes, nor can he just skip work whenever he likes.[/QUOTE] You really are desperate and delusional with the rest of them? No one is going to be fired for having to survive through a 5 minute night. This isn't even a valid argument. Now maybe if the default night was 12 hours in real life this would even be an argument. It is 8:30PM I get a call that I need to be in work at 10:30PM I finish up the night and stop playing, or I quit while it is the beginning of the day. If you can't get ready for work and 5 minutes of planning interrupts you, then you deserve to be fired. If you are on some sort of magical 60 second response emergency call, the least of your worries is your character staying in the game for 5 minutes. It's like me saying, what if I am a telephonic used car salesmen and someone calls me, I should have the option to freeze the whole server because I don't want to lose the opportunity of fighting this zombie horde. Your argument is not even valid.

[QUOTE=EnableScope;103800]...For example suicide, they finally removed it because of the spirit of this thread, not because of this thread, what I mean is the same kind of reasoning, that it made the game unrealistic. [/QUOTE] Removing the Suicide option had little to do with this thread. Some of it was abuse, most of it was progressing to completion. They do not need that option in the final release, I believe it was intended for debugging purposes.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Shiek4d5;103937]Removing the Suicide option had little to do with this thread. Some of it was abuse, most of it was progressing to completion. They do not need that option in the final release, I believe it was intended for debugging purposes.[/QUOTE] Returning suicide via eating glass is a much better solution.

Every other voxel game I know you can quit to avoid night. I don't see why this one should be different. Only single player being where you can't. If you increase day/night time to the max and they log out, that's a lot of time to loot them.

Archived