2 & 3. Strength 2 & 3

4. Pack Mule 2

5. Rex2

6 & 7. Fortitude 2 & 3.

8 & 9. Agility 2 & 3

10 & 11. Perception 2 & 3

12 & 13. Int 2 & 3

14. Cooking

You really can't go wrong pushing to have the stats to level 5 at a baseline, particularly solo. Headshot & Hidden strike are usually enough together to deal with sleepers for a long while in the initial stretch. The four points left before 20 can be spent on more headshot and sneak damage and pain tolerance. One point carried to 20 to unlock the forge.

Those initial levels are all set-up for universal basics and essentials. You're going to want level 3 fast healing, you're going to want level 3 Lucky Looter, and you're going to want Level 3 Rex, even if you're going Agi-Int heavy.

I think the first 5 points are more telling than the first 20. Here's how I spend my first 5 points.

Starter quest:

1) Hidden Strike

2) Boom Headshot!

3) Health Regen

4) Mother Lode

5) Pack Mule

Aren't you having stamina problems early game with this build?

Aren't you having stamina problems early game with this build?

To be honest, Sex Rex is barely a thing with only one point in it, and food/drink impacts your stamina more at low levels. You burn more stamina trying to sprint while encumbered, simply because it takes longer to get anywhere, so Pack Mule is a good choice over Cardio early on.

Think of it this way. When you start, you're a weak, dumb, fragile, breathless, inaccurate mess. First things first, and that's getting your strength up, fortitude to follow, then resolve Agi/Percep/Int once you're in a stable condition.

Really, I would say Str 3, Pack Mule 2, and Healing Factor is probably the strongest 5-point start right now. Who cares about stamina when you're easily overburdened with simple & basic resources. The only problem with Str is that temperature will drain it, costing you that 2nd point in Pack Mule, but thems the ropes.

Archived