Some clarification with wet concrete block vs rebar

lazyknob

I was under the impression, using rebar to form blocks after adding concrete mix would result in a ready reinforced concrete block. The result was instead, the basic concrete block. This process takes rebar + 10 concrete mix.

Now...

There's also the option of making a 'Wet Concrete Block'. This costs 10 concrete mix. And if both results are the same... what's the point of using rebar then?

This an oversight? Or just an odd introduction of 'choice'?

It still works as before for me, just tested it. Rebar upgrades straight to reinforced concrete, recognizable by the little rebar holes and having 5k hp. Only thing changed here is the texture and hp values. It does look very similar to the normal concrete block, maybe you just didn't look closer?

I think the main idea of choice was either you spend some iron and clay, or double the stone and you have double dry-time for r-concrete.

Well that's odd then. It's hard to make an error on my part in this case because I made an entire wall out of rebar then filled it with concrete mix. The result was normal concrete. I 'upgraded' a block in the middle and it turned into r.concrete.

Might be a server derp then.

It still works as before for me, just tested it. Rebar upgrades straight to reinforced concrete, recognizable by the little rebar holes and having 5k hp. Only thing changed here is the texture and hp values. It does look very similar to the normal concrete block, maybe you just didn't look closer?

I think the main idea of choice was either you spend some iron and clay, or double the stone and you have double dry-time for r-concrete.

Reinforced concrete used to be 6k. Did it change?

Archived